Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all! I am new, but I brought Buttershots to go with the Bailey's. Hope that gets me a leg up in the friend-making department...
:hi: Welcome to the Pub and to the watercooler. I'll have a buttershot. Never had one before, but you gotta try anything once.

I think you may have fallen down a rabbit hole if your food is talking to you...;)
You're saying talking food isn't normal? :Wha:

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know about Buttershots? It is a rich butterscotch-flavored Schnapps, and it mixes VERY well with Baileys. Yummmmm!

This is kind of a cultural backwater. :D

It was always one of my ambitions to eat a Twinkie, but then I found out they had beef fat in them. A friend in Ohio was going to send me some, and said you couldn't taste the beef, but since I'm vegetarian that wasn't really the issue. :D

We do get Hershey's though. I think it's kinda yucky. Sorry. :e2flowers

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Update on troll: It has been nullified. Everyone must send Lisa (aka medievalist) mucho reps. She is great.

Last edited:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is kind of a cultural backwater. :D

It was always one of my ambitions to eat a Twinkie, but then I found out they had beef fat in them. A friend in Ohio was going to send me some, and said you couldn't taste the beef, but since I'm vegetarian that wasn't really the issue. :D

We do get Hershey's though. I think it's kinda yucky. Sorry. :e2flowers

:roll:

Okay, yep, buttershots sound real good. Hi Madeline! and :welcome:

Fran... "cultural backwater" LOL!

and no, Hershey's is not, shall we say, the pinnacle of the chocolatier's artistry. Not even in the same category.

Not even food.

Not even..... well, not even as good as a Twinkie.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
When I went to Canada I was asked to take a ton of Cadbury's. It's expensive over there, and not the same stuff we get anyway (I'm told - I didn't try it.) Like, $2 for a Flake or something. :eek: I got four for about $2.50. :D

jvc said:
Update on troll: It has been nullified. Everyone must send Lisa (aka medievilist) mucho reps. She is great.

:troll :flamethrower

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I got a mission for everyone. Go to this thread and rep every post Medievalist has made with dancing bananas. She really does deserve loads of reps with the amount of work she does.

In case you don't know what a dancing banana is: :banana:

And to get that in a rep, type : banana : (but without the spaces)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but, does she like bananas?

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my God, I just read the most mental thing ever on Facebook. There is smoke coming out the back of Google while I try to find out what's going on.

I'm not going to say what it is, because I think it's total bunk, and I don't want to cast aspersions on anyone's character, even if they are long-dead. :D

I have repped Lisa with bananas. I even put a x on the end.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I already repped her elsewhere but, bananas it shall be! :)

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I have satisfied myself that the Facebook rumour is bunk. I can now return to my normal schedule of loafing. :D

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, what was it then?

I mean, now you can assure us it is bunk, no reason not to share for entertainment value, right?

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Someone left one of the basement doors open and let in a troll. I'm betting it was Snape, but I'd not be surprised if it wasn't actually Hermoine. There is just something about her that makes me think she is working for He-who-shan't-be-blamed.

Update on troll: It has been nullified. Everyone must send Lisa (aka medievalist) mucho reps. She is great.

Did she cook it? We've had some very tasty burnt troll here in the pub.

Hello all! I am new, but I brought Buttershots to go with the Bailey's. Hope that gets me a leg up in the friend-making department...

:hi: Welcome. Buttershots, wonderful!

You're saying talking food isn't normal? :Wha:

That's a bummer. . :e2bummed:

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Some guy has announced a book "proving" Vincent Van Gogh was Jack the Ripper, based on a Ripper letter dated 19th July 1889 in comparison with a Van Gogh letter written on 10th October 1888.

Detective Inspector Fran has established:

1. There is no record of a Ripper letter from that date, and only three are remotely accepted as genuine. The From Hell letter, the Saucy Jack postcard, and the Dear Boss letter. Few historians believe any others to be authentic. The handwriting on the From Hell letter does not match Van Gogh's. It is possible that such a letter exists, buried in an archive somewhere, but if no Jack the Ripper websites have mentioned it, it's unlikely to have any significance.

2. Van Gogh was in France, wasted out of his mind, for most of 1888. He had lived around London for a time, but left the UK in 1876-ish and doesn't appear to have ever returned.

3. In August/September 1888, when the Ripper killings occured, Van Gogh was in Arles, France. He was doing a wee doodle called Sunflowers. Gauguin joined him in early September 1888. There's no record of him visiting London during this time.

Here endeth the lesson. *bows* :tongue

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Did she cook it? We've had some very tasty burnt troll here in the pub.
Yep, it's on the BBQ as we speak. Just need some onion rings and garlic battered mushrooms.
Okay. Some guy has announced a book "proving" Vincent Van Gogh was Jack the Ripper, based on a Ripper letter dated 19th July 1889 in comparison with a Van Gogh letter written on 10th October 1888.

Detective Inspector Fran has established:

1. There is no record of a Ripper letter from that date, and only three are remotely accepted as genuine. The From Hell letter, the Saucy Jack postcard, and the Dear Boss letter. Few historians believe any others to be authentic. The handwriting on the From Hell letter does not match Van Gogh's. It is possible that such a letter exists, buried in an archive somewhere, but if no Jack the Ripper websites have mentioned it, it's unlikely to have any significance.

2. Van Gogh was in France, wasted out of his mind, for most of 1888. He had lived around London for a time, but left the UK in 1876-ish and doesn't appear to have ever returned.

3. In August/September 1888, when the Ripper killings occured, Van Gogh was in Arles, France. He was doing a wee doodle called Sunflowers. Gauguin joined him in early September 1888. There's no record of him visiting London during this time.

Here endeth the lesson. *bows* :tongue
That is impressive work, Detective Fran.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Fran, yes. Some famous writer even said something like that, something like a writer is working even while staring out the window, or some such.

For example, right now I am pondering whether or not to take the car, my Alice!, for one last drive, to go get some ice cream. (Ice cream for me, not for the car. She is in good shape with her half tank of gas and having had her rugs vacuumed yesterday.)

This may seem like the sheerest waste of time, both the pondering and the eventual going, and perhaps even a waste of money.

However, it is not so. I am working, I maintain, as long as I am awake and paying attention.

:D

As well, it is a natural hiatus in the moving projects at the moment, so I believe I do need some ice cream.

It sounds like you deserve it too :)

I think ice cream is a major food group. Think of it as in investment in your future happiness. :D

My kids totally agree with you :D

Someone left one of the basement doors open and let in a troll. I'm betting it was Snape, but I'd not be surprised if it wasn't actually Hermoine. There is just something about her that makes me think she is working for He-who-shan't-be-blamed.

Oh, that kind of troll. I was going to say, "oh, sorry, that was me", but it really wasn't!

:welcome: MadelineButterfly! Buttershots! Yumm.

Okay, I got a mission for everyone.

Mission accomplished. :)

So, what was it then?

I mean, now you can assure us it is bunk, no reason not to share for entertainment value, right?

I'm with Kylabelle. You should tell :p

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Those looking to see the remnants of trolls need look no further than locked threads in the newbie forum. Just saying, for those who were wondering. ;)

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
That is impressive work, Detective Fran.

Yes. So ignore the last part of my last post, since apparently it took me forever to get it up and I missed the fact that Fran had already told. lol

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. So ignore the last part of my last post, since apparently it took me forever to get it up and I missed the fact that Fran had already told. lol
It happens to me too. I put it down to getting old and all the smoking I've done over the years. ;)

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least it's not just me. ;) I, however, don't have any good excuses.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Those looking to see the remnants of trolls need look no further than locked threads in the newbie forum. Just saying, for those who were wondering. ;)

Yeah, I saw it. S/he also told someone else in another thread to smoke lots of drugs to get story ideas. I'm sure their valuable contributions will be sorely missed. :tongue

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, it's on the BBQ as we speak. Just need some onion rings and garlic battered mushrooms.

Yum!

*prepares rings, garlic battered shrooms, and potato salad*

Ooops. . .almost forgot dessert

*Baileys dark chocolate pudding added to menu*

There. Feast!

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it. S/he also told someone else in another thread to smoke lots of drugs to get story ideas. I'm sure their valuable contributions will be sorely missed. :tongue

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!:ROFL::roll:

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Yum!

*prepares rings, garlic battered shrooms, and potato salad*

Ooops. . .almost forgot dessert

*Baileys dark chocolate pudding added to menu*

There. Feast!

I've got red velvet cupcakes to add to dessert!

Status
Not open for further replies.