Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Let's see...

You, June, SaraP, Shuemais, Kricket, KitCat, and two folks from the AbsoluteWrite chatroom, Bunneh and ChildOfHope.

My nickname there is Guinevere, in case any of y'all are looking for me :)

Thank you. I thought that was Sara P and her Sparkles of Doom but I wanted to check.

Debio is on there if you want to add him on, oh, and Abbie too.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Extra pain for the day + adventures in Alzheimers + writers block + shopping day + money worries + family argument =

CRAPPY DAY!

Grrrrrrrr.....

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Someone take this laptop away from me! I'm too busy playing with it and not doing the stuff I need to do, like clean, or write.

I need to at least get the kitchen clean and some laundry going before Dr. Phil comes on in an hour in a half. Plenty of time, my butt is just glued to the couch with this computer in my lap.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs for those who need them.

Speaking of things we don't want to do but which ultimately are for the better, I finally broke down and went to the doc and had almost my entire big toenail removed. Because a week ago I tore it about 80% through right at the base, and I kept getting it *caught* on things.

Except, this one gets a AGHHHH and a hug.

But I adore Sneakers, even if it is horribly outdated at this point.

:D

Sneakers! River Phoenix sliding over the desk! David Straithairn driving! :heart:

Yes. This. Also, it was a good movie in its own right, and Paula Patton is beautiful.

She is beautiful. Unfortunately, that character is about as interesting as a roof shingle.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I just thought - as sometimes these things come to me slowly - that Ronin should be classified as a heist film as it is freakin' awesome.

Uh...

That's it. I got nuthin' else.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The big problem was that my mom was refusing to take her medication, and refusing to let me refill her meds, because she was trying to save money. But without her medication, she starts swelling up, and it hurts a lot, not to mention how hard it is on her body. The galling thing is, she has plenty of money, and can easily afford her medication. But she's not thinking clearly, so.... It ended up with a big shouting match last night -- me, Mom, and big sis -- that bled over into today.

I can write through power blackouts, I can write through pain, I can write through the chaos of having four or five or six children dancing around my feet. But I can't write when there's contention in the house; I don't cope well with arguing.

But the good news is, I won; she has her meds, and I'm supervising the taking thereof.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
BTW: Ali, does Nutella qualify for Chocolate Thursday? 'Cause I gots some Nutella!!!! I haven't had anything like that in about twenty years, so I had forgotten how nice it was.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
BTW: Ali, does Nutella qualify for Chocolate Thursday? 'Cause I gots some Nutella!!!! I haven't had anything like that in about twenty years, so I had forgotten how nice it was.

Er, who put me in charge?

Oh, yeah, I did.

Of course, Nutella counts. Honestly, anything with a vague notion of chocolate flavour, colour, name, hint of cocoa and it qualifies.

Hmm, is now tempted to go and buy jar of Nutella tomorrow.

Just one thing Junely. I insist that you absolutely enjoy it. No whizzing through it quickly now. You sit back and relax and enjoy the moment.

By the sound of it you've earned it.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
BTW: Ali, does Nutella qualify for Chocolate Thursday?

Hmm.

I have changed Zoe's diapers.

And more recently, Logan's.

I'm never eating Nutella again.

Bedtime - I really must put sleeping on my new To Do list. :D

Yeah. For the health reasons, and totally not to score some extra XP on a certain RPG site...

:popcorn:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
The productiveness has continued. I just bought my mom's Christmas present. A new computer. Well relatively new. It's refurbished, but certified Microsoft refurbished and it was under $300. She needs it desperately. Her current computer, which was my old one, is on it's last leg. It takes her more than five minutes just to sign onto the internet and good luck trying to get anything else to load. Plus, programs never download properly on it. The damn thing was POS the day I bought it. I know she won't expect it.

But the good news is, I won; she has her meds, and I'm supervising the taking thereof.
I'm glad things worked out. :)

Hmm.

:tmi

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
*Hacks in and switches off computer, then reactivates when Kricket walks away and begins playing Freecell*

Freecell? Well, I guess that's all you could do, I don't have any of my documents on this computer yet.

Hmm.

:roll:

I can't eat Oreo's either. :)

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Amergina, have some hugs and chocolate, same for you Junely.

I'm training myself to wake up earlier, and my body doesn't like it atm. So it's half past 10 and I'm still not awake.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks :) I do not have enough battery power to backread, but I wanted to drop in and say hi. :Hug2:s if you need 'em, :Hug2:s if you just want them (I give good hugs, they say), :hooray: s for any good news and :Coffee: for all other occasions.

Oh yes, and... What the hell do I wear to a Christmas party?!

I've been invited to the fourth party in as many months :)yessmiley), up from the big whopping zero I had been invited to in the five years before that. The other three, though, were all house parties with people my age, all of the "Let's get tipsy and talk nerdy while sitting in a loosely organized circle in the living room" variety. This one is more of a wine-drinking, lit candles, whole family who all invite everyone they know every year type thing. I cannot show up in my jeans, hoodie and combat boots, ergo... I am lost.

Are slacks and a blouse okay or do I have to be in a dress and tights? Can I put a sweatervest on for warmth or is that too casual? Am I going to be the only woman there not wearing makeup?

:e2drown:

Status
Not open for further replies.