Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina! Tired again, but at least I'm off tomorrow. It's freezing here today and I think they forgot to turn the heat up at work. My hands like like ice all morning.

I also went shopping and bought earmuffs that have headphones in them. Would it be weird if I used them inside the house? :D

But while I don't want to go the Norse route, I have yet to find a religion or mythology that is sufficiently monster-filled to be able to work with.
Hindu mythology has some cool creatures/gods.

Ooooh. Or a Hulk-icorn.
A Hulk anything would be cool.

Heh. Gay western character on my avvie - when all (or most) of what I do is torment and amuse Abby. :D I know - I can be such a child at times. :e2tongue:

Okay, so it is probably too obscure. I was gonna use a Divine avvie at first... Too obvious.
I didn't want to saying anything before, but I thought that cowboy looked at little, err, gay. I don't mean that to sound offensive, though.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
And good morning all:) I was up at 5 am today, due to work being at six. The kitty cat could have slept in the warm gap I left, but he followed me out to sit and purr on my lap :)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I also went shopping and bought earmuffs that have headphones in them. Would it be weird if I used them inside the house? :D

Would it be weird if I borrowed these and never stopped wearing them???

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
The kittens seem to think that up early = fed early. I'm getting tiny kitten glares

Like this?

kitten_up_close-600x6001.jpg

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
And hugs for the monetary stuff. I generally make it through the year on about 5000. It's not terrible, but not fun sometimes either. I'm very lucky my parents pay 3/4 of my rent, otherwise I'd be screwed.

Thanks for the hugs :) This is the only time you folks will ever hear me complain (or even talk*) about money, 'cause dude, I get to be alive and for what little use I've been so far that's more than I probably deserve. Exactly $7740 of that 9k goes directly to pay for rent and transportation tight off the bat. By the time I've paid my gym fee and medical expenses etc I am usually left with about $110 per month for food, which gets stretched very tightly and doesn't leave much room for variation or cravings (and I am stubborn enough to spend $5 of that on comics).

I'm excited to be well enough to work again at some point, because it means I then have a chance of being able to afford internet at home. Not to mention all the training and courses I am going to take as soon as I can pay for 'em...

* Unless some idiot comes in whining that they can't afford a bigger mansion, or something.

Like letting your Pug fight off home invaders when you have a cabinet full of shotguns to hand.

Not necessarily. I know I've said this before but it's exceedingly clear in the literature of the ancient Norse that the Norse gods did not give 0.5 damns about mortals at any point.

Bananas are hard to draw.

Erm... should I even ask why you were drawing... uh... bananas? :D

So apparently there exists just beyond our visible universe some unknown force dragging bits of the universe away from everything else and into what should be nothingness.

WTFFFFFF. Does this not freak anybody else out? I like the universe, dammit, I don't want pieces of it breaking off!

Something cute or something hawt.

But neither of the two avatars I've used on here are even remotely that, and I loved them both! :D

Heh. I am truly considering the mermaids, but I don't know if I have any mermaid pictures on my hard drive to use in the first place...

I also offer peanut butter on toast, but I fear it doesn't travel well.

Dewd, you're talking to a 20 y/o slob who loves to stuff her face- I will eat it, I dun care how badly it travels :D

Ahhhh, peanut butter... It ain't as good as almond butter, but it's good 'nough for me. NOM.

I'm actually gonna do groceries when the library closes, I think I will buy some p.b. if it's on sale. And some apples. Yessss... we likes this plan.

I love how you phrased that. Yes, Raven, have you had any mermaids yet? :e2brows:

:roll: I, uh... I decline to answer that on grounds that it may incriminate me.

:D

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, writery question:

Say you have lived your entire life thinking only humans populate the earth, but then you discover through accident that at least one supernatural being exists and that supernatural being accuses you of being another supernatural being.

What would your thought process be? Would you think more along the lines of HOLY HELL SUPERNATURAL BEINGS ARE REAL OMG or WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT I AM NOT A FREAK I AM NORMAL?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Good question... Personally I am of the camp that, once surprised by something, loses the ability to become surprised very quickly, so I think my reaction would be heavily on the "WHAT IS HE TALKIN' ABOUT I'M A NORMAL BORING HUMAN YO" end of the spectrum.

You know more about writing than me, so I don't have to tell you it varies by what the character in question is usually like. But also, do you think it may depend on the supernatural being? I know my reaction to being accused of being a vampire by a ghost would be different than my reaction to being accused of being an alien by a vampire.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, writery question:

Say you have lived your entire life thinking only humans populate the earth, but then you discover through accident that at least one supernatural being exists and that supernatural being accuses you of being another supernatural being.

What would your thought process be? Would you think more along the lines of HOLY HELL SUPERNATURAL BEINGS ARE REAL OMG or WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT I AM NOT A FREAK I AM NORMAL?

I think I'd be stuck on the first one for a bit. And I would be wondering just how much danger I was in. Yeah, definitely some panic involved.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I finally fixed the background issue on my laptop. The image is no longer stuck. Yay!

Would it be weird if I borrowed these and never stopped wearing them???
Ah, maybe... :chair

Okay, writery question:

I'd be freaking out for a while. Then maybe once the initial shock wore off, I could start wondering why said supernatural creature thinks I'm another supernatural creature.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, writery question:

Personally, I think I'd demand some kind of proof, and ask what would happen if I were indeed a supernatural being—would I end up being hunted, would it interfere with my love life, could I gain the ability to Vanguard-Punch people like in ME3, those sorts of questions. (Albeit significantly less stupid. :D)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, writery question:

Personally, I think I'd demand some kind of proof, and ask what would happen if I were indeed a supernatural being—would I end up being hunted, would it interfere with my love life, could I gain the ability to Vanguard-Punch people like in ME3, those sorts of questions. (Albeit significantly less stupid. :D)

This ^
And a mixture of your two options.

ION, I hate when a book I wanted to like ends up being very disappointing.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Drawing practice. I ended up drawing my apple instead. I got my own back on the banana by eating it. :D

Wait. Did you eat the model banana or the drawn banana? *raises eyebrow*

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I've just seen the most amazing Doctor Who fan-made video I have ever seen in my life. Ever. It's just... too amazing.

It makes me wish that I was more than just a fan of that show. Like... I want to be involved with it on a more substantial level than just watching it and buying the DVDs. I want to be an active participant, somehow...

... eh, I dunno. I'm just being weird. It's just that merely watching the show doesn't feel like enough of an involvement for something I love so much.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is. I hope the real banana was yummy.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
And the preacher just called: no church tomorrow. The roads are getting bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.