Sleepy Hollow (series on Fox) watch for spoilers!

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Am I the only one looking forward to the new Fox series Sleepy Hollow?

It's set to debut on Monday night 9/8. I'm a little excited. And by little, I mean a lot.

I am curious how they're going to take this premise and manage to get a full season out of it.

Should I also admit that I'm a shameless fan of the Headless Horseman?

Yeah...probably.

Last edited:

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Because it's on Fox, I'll probably DVR the entire first season, waiting to see if it's picked up for season 2, or cancelled after 5 episode. I just don't trust Fox. It does look good, though.

Goldberry

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing it, too! I need something interesting to watch. I love time travel stories. Ichabod Crane looks a bit hotter than I always imagined him, though! I guess I'm thinking of the Disney cartoon version. LOL!

I'm tired of getting interested in series and then having them canceled, too. Or having to wait so long in between seasons that I lose interest. I liked "Vikings," but I've lost momentum since I can't even see the new episode until 2014!

I hope Sleepy Hollow rocks!

Cranky1

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited about it. But, I wonder how long they can keep the premise going? Two or three seasons.

aswiftsunset

Meow.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning on giving it a shot, just to see how it turns out.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
http://www.fox.com/sleepy-hollow/clips/47354435569

I watched all the clips available On Demand. There are a couple spoilers, if you have access. Fox link above probably has at least some of the same.

The headless horseman isn't just the headless horseman: he's one of the Horsemen.

From the teases, The Village of Sleepy Hollow has quite a few mysteries.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Because it's on Fox, I'll probably DVR the entire first season, waiting to see if it's picked up for season 2, or cancelled after 5 episode. I just don't trust Fox. It does look good, though.

DVR-watched numbers count, too. Not just the live Nielsen ratings. They also count the first 24 hours DVR numbers, then the +3 days, then +7. These can keep a show alive.

I'm wary about Fox, too, for good reasons, but people waiting until the show gets a second season also can create a self-fulfilling prophecy - if too many people do that, there is no second season on any network.

http://www.eonline.com/news/459037/...pin-find-out-why-and-set-your-dvr-for-tonight

Last edited:

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Sleepy Hollow [merged with other thread]

Saw the pilot tonight and was pleased. If you liked Buffy and you like Supernatural set this one to tape. It's a paranormal horror with a nice touch of comedy that is finally not about teenage sex angst

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Sleepy Hollow

Well. Not horrible but holy horrible editing, Batman! A few scene transitions were jumpy and not very well edited and the plot felt terribly rushed. They all were too quick to trust/believe, he was too quick to accept that he was in the 21st century. The protestations about him being crazy felt too pat and tacked on.

Headless Horseman is still cool.

It's hard to look at Ichabod Crane and see a hottie and not the IC from the story but I'll take him.

I'll give it a few more episodes before pronouncing final judgment of whether to stay with it or abandon it.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
This review contains NO spoilers. :D:

Cute. Watchable. Heavy-handed with the symbolism, but I thought that was from trying to cram all the backstory into the first ep. Worth at least another ep or two. The story could easily go right off the cliff into ludicrousville, but the actors are all excellent choices.

Okay a couple spoilers. DO NOT HIGHTLGHT THIS BEFORE WATCHING! Ichabod Crane understood everyone and everything too easily. I realize it's only 250 years, but I expected him to have to get up to speed. In the same vein, once the 2nd beheading happened, everyone accepted Ichabod way too easily. I know they gave strong hints that Sleepy Hollow had a rep as Weirdsville, but...

My :Headbang: moment: It's "Revelation" people. "The Revelation of St. John." NOT "Revelations."

My only real :gaah moment came at the very end. A horned Devil? Really? You had to go the whole cliche? Was it only the unfocused effect that saved us from seeing the goatish legs and cloven hooves? :rolleyes

But, overall, easy to watch and characters I care enough about to keep watching. Success.

Last edited:

Goldberry

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was cool, but it went way too fast for me. I also didn't think that Ichabod reacted enough. I mean, he wakes up in the modern world! When he sees his wife's grave, I was expecting a meltdown. But, no. :Shrug:

I was confused about the priest. Was he also from the past? Or did he just kind of look like the priest from Ichabod's memory? They also kind of lost me about Ichabod's wife.

I think they just went so fast that I had a hard time keeping up,

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah. A- and thumbs up. I don't mind the cliches so much. It wasn't a 2-hour premiere, so they help define the story a bit.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Watched the premiere and I really enjoyed it. The style, the chemistry, the music, the mystery teases......very cool. I'm in. Thank goodness for the DVR, as October Mondays are going to get swamped.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I thought it was cool, but it went way too fast for me. I also didn't think that Ichabod reacted enough. I mean, he wakes up in the modern world! When he sees his wife's grave, I was expecting a meltdown. But, no. :Shrug:

I was confused about the priest. Was he also from the past? Or did he just kind of look like the priest from Ichabod's memory? They also kind of lost me about Ichabod's wife.

I think they just went so fast that I had a hard time keeping up,

Yes, the priest is from the past. Part of the wife's coven.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Sleepy Hollow

Well. Not horrible but holy horrible editing, Batman! A few scene transitions were jumpy and not very well edited and the plot felt terribly rushed. They all were too quick to trust/believe, he was too quick to accept that he was in the 21st century. The protestations about him being crazy felt too pat and tacked on.

Headless Horseman is still cool.

It's hard to look at Ichabod Crane and see a hottie and not the IC from the story but I'll take him.

I'll give it a few more episodes before pronouncing final judgment of whether to stay with it or abandon it.

It's a stylistic choice.

Cranky1

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I liked it. I do miss the days when a series began with a two hour movie and then went into weekly episodes. I think this might have been better as a two hour movie.