Let's eat grammar

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
I'm not sure if this is allowed in here. If I am committing some mortal sin, could a mod please move it or delete it or cast it into an appropriately fiery pit?

Regulars of Grammar and Syntax may be amused by today's random post about the war between the Grammar Police and the Grammar Outlaws. Purely for fun...

http://willonce.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/lets-eat-grammar/

Disclaimer ... all spelling and grammatical mistakes are intentional and for comic effect. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. ;-)

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I stopped reading at the ridiculous third sentence: "You could not spot one just by looking at them." Really? One magically multiplies itself in four words?

Yet another ripoff of rich prose by writinghoods to give solice to the poorly prepared.

thedark

Weaving through the night.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sidenote: I thought it was hilarious.

And I'm off to chortle about pre Madonna's with others of my ilk.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I loled, especially at the bit about "sullied." But actually, things do get sullied. I know this, because when I was a kid, my dad had a favorite coffee mug, and he got very upset if my brother and I "sullied" it with our milk or juice. Yes, that's the word he used. It explains why I'm so warped.

My only problem with grammar police is when they insist something's wrong when in fact it's accepted usage, or at least acceptable in the context in which it is used (i.e. informal writing). I still remember that critter who insisted you can't have contractions in narrative. In fiction. Made me wonder if this person had ever read an actual novel.

:rulez

Last edited:

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unsullied is a great word. It is in the definition of pure logic: logic unsullied by facts.

Nualláin

Registered
Reaction score
Do not sully my unstructured prose with your filthy "grammar". Pah!

W-Willy

Registered
Reaction score
Agree, really silly a little. But funny on the other hand:)