Not open for further replies.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
B52s live and intimate is just as delicious.
��

Pamplemousse

Registered
Reaction score
For any Ellen Degeneres fans, her and Portia's wedding video is really sweet. It's nice to see gay marriage in a romantic light, not in the context of a political debate.

I know rights and legal issues are important elements of gay marriage, but the term has become so loaded with political connotations that it's easy to forget that love has anything to do with it.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I don't want a gay marriage. I just want a marriage.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Last year's activism on behalf of Olympic athletes succeeded in moving the IOC to amend their contract for host cities:

The new clause — seen by the Associated Press — requires the host city and national Olympic committee to "conduct all activities in a manner which promotes and enhances the fundamental principles and values of Olympism, in particular the prohibition of any form of discrimination with regard to a country or a person on grounds of race, religion, politics, gender or otherwise, as well as the development of the Olympic Movement." ... All Out is also urging the IOC to amend Principle 6 to specifically prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or identity.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Aaaand All Out members succeed in moving the IOC to include "sexual orientation" specifically to Principle 6. (All Out - according to their latest email - is still dissatisfied with the lack of specific protections for trans* athletes and spectators. Stayed tuned.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/s...nnel-and-changes-in-bidding-process.html?_r=0

The new Principle 6 clause says the Olympics should be free of discrimination “of any kind, such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.”

“This is a pivotal moment for equality in sport,” said Andre Banks, executive director and co-founder of internal [sic] gay rights group All Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.