Azymous April - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
OSG - Actually, I made it myself. ;) I'm actually a photographer as well as a writer, just haven't explored the idea of cover creation until I was forced to when my original cover artist wasn't able to continue making my covers. I was worried people would hate it, lol. (However, the model is from stock art. I wish I'd taken that pic! It's gorgeous and perfect for my MC).

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Saoirse, I love that cover. (I loved your last cover, too. :))

I am doing Editing By Retyping, which is time-consuming, but so far seems to be working well. I'm up 153 words today.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Saoirse, your cover is gorgeous!

2052 words today. And I think I forgot to check in yesterday, but also managed 1932 words yesterday.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Three chapters done in my writing session this morning, but not many new words added - it was all amending chapters from previous drafts to add them to current draft.

It continues to reassure me that not all of what I wrote in the previous draft is rubbish, so that is helpful.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Is it still April? Well done on the words, everyone!

Saoirse, I have noticed your eye-catching new cover. Very nice.

I will make words this weekend, or at least type them up so I know how many old new words I have.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Namatu - Thanks! I was worried that people would hate it, so it's awesome when people don't. (Actually, it's awesomer than awesome).

STILL PROOFING UGH. But I'm almost to page 200 (of 243). I need to have it done by Sunday at the latest.

Annnnnd the eye pain hit today right on schedule, so that's a thing.

Last edited:

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi :D

My efforts in writing, and hanging here at AW, have been very infrequent lately. I've tried to keep in touch with it, though, even if it has not meant real words on the page. But I've cleared away a few things in life and got other things in order, so now I have hopes that going forward, writing will be my main thing besides my full time job.
Got 1591 words yesterday and finished a difficult chapter. Getting ready to start today -- looking forward to it, since I'm introducing a character that I'm excited about :)

April is coming to an end. I'm hoping May will be a productive month, with steady reporting in here.

I'm glad these threads are here :)

Well done, everyone who's writing, and good luck, everyone trying to get started/back to it. :Thumbs:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Welcome Back, Ms Dash! That's an awesome word count for the first day back. Once a Writer, always...

I have just 79 words on the WIP but a full chapter revised. So while it sounds bad, I'm happy. Another 150 on a screenplay.

Cheers,

Lucie
We're not going to even talk about the query :Headbang: :Hammer: :Wha:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Haven't been on in a while, busy doing edits and revisions on book one of my Kelli Storm series. Just finished round two and shipped off to my wonderful editor. On to round one of book two.

Amazing cover, Saoirse! If you're looking for a new cover artist, I can give you a couple of recommendations. :D

Congratulations, Lucie! :hooray:

AWesome wordage everyone, you guys are amazing!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
:hooray: CONGRATULATIONS LUCIE! :hooray:

Excellent words, everyone!

I feel like running up and down the hall screaming WORD COUNTS ARE MEANINGLESS but I think the truth is I'm a little stressed out. A chapter and a half today, which netted 1,183 words. Which doesn't matter because of all the chunks that I have to totally rewrite by July, and it could be I'm panicking.

MsDashwood

Registered
Reaction score
^^ :tongue

Nothing from me yesterday. All emptied out, probably :D

516 today. Not all that, but something.

MsDashwood

Registered
Reaction score
So tired tonight :Huh:
Managed 385 words now before bed. But at this point every word counts.

Hope everyone got words on their pages today :)

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
2558 words today. Think I forgot to check in yesterday, when I wrote 2543 words.

Tomorrow will be my last day of Camp Nano, since I'm leaving for Malice Domestic on Thursday. To meet my 40k goal for April, I'll have to write another 3569 words, while packing.

Think I can do it?

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry about the exhaustion, MsDashwood! I'm with you on that. :sleepy:

BfloGal, I have no doubt you'll hit your word count. :)

I edited a bunch of chapters, and added 79 words today. I'm about halfway through editing part 1 (about 1/6 through the whole thing). And this is the easy part. Ugh.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
I know you can do it, BFlo!

Good job on the edits, Liz. Forward progress is everything. It'll be over before you know it.

I had a nightmare day at work so pretty much just collapsed 300 words and a couple pages from earlier. Let's all pray for a better day.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
:cheers all progress and words:

Welcome back MsDashWood!

I've been really busy getting GT ready for release (2 days to go! Yikes!). I had to redo the paperback cover from scratch last night, and that put me a bit behind. I've also been frantically getting guest posts and reviews lined up. ZOMG I'm tired.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Had three writing sessions today, totaling 3601 words. I think the last thousand or so were pure garbage, with one good Scooby Doo joke mixed in. But that makes my April word count just a little over 40k.

Anyway, I'm off to finish my packing for Malice Domestic. Hoping I don't make too much of a fool of myself. I'm more the introverted writer type, and sometimes when I do things like get on panels and answer questions or talk to readers, odd things come out of my mouth. LOL. And you can't go back and delete it later.

See you all in May!