Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I'm tempted to ask what that is, Laurie, but I suspect the explanation would turn out to be disappointingly prosaic.

:Wha:

:Shrug:

Take your pick

1) Squirrel and his Halloween costume.
2) Squirrel being attacked by a headless zombie.
3) Squirrel and a Halloween decoration strung from a tree.

Swiped it off someone's fb page this morning.

:evil

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY HOWL-O-WEEN! It's my favorite day of the year and Mrs. Bluntforcetrauma and I are putting the finishing touches out in the barn for our Halloween party. Have a safe and fun evening everybody.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Well, it's good that you're learning as you get older. That's how that's supposed to work, I think.

:D

The guy across the street has about 40 inflatable Halloween decorations up and a little path for kids to walk. It's really cute. He has a fire pit for warmth and a bunch of local folks have gathered. I was out there for an hour being sociable...until Little Red Riding Hood showed up. I really shouldn't be around cute women in certain costumes. Fangs were starting to grow and it's so hard to hide hairy knuckles!

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Noooo.

I was a witch. Sort of. Well, not really. I just wore all black, skirt, top, boots.

I was going to put spiders in my hair. You know, the little black plastic ones. But then...I kept giving myself the shivers while I was trying to work them in. So I had to abandon that idea.

Next year, though, I've decided I want to be Tia Dalma from Pirates. :D

It will probably involve a LOT of makeup, though. :idea:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There will need to be pics.

:D
I wonder if they have one I can rent. Making one that's as detailed and quality as I'd like could be difficult and expensive.

Then all I'd need would be the makeup and maybe the wig.

I used to work in a costume shop. The owner sewed most of the costumes. Well, the ones for rent. We sold a lot of general costume retail stuff, too. But the rental things she made...man, were they ever BEAUTIFUL.

I saw that surprisingly she's still in business. In this economy, I was surprised. A little mom and pop like that? They are scarce these days.

I should go in and say hi...

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
There was a GORGEOUS Mad Hatter costume at Trick or Treat in the 2-block downtown area near my kids' school. It was way too nice to have been picked up at a costume shop. That and when the teenage guy wearing it asked if it was ok if he and his girlfriend wander and his mother fussed over the costume before answering kind of gave it away. ;)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of pics....anyone want to see my ugly mug? I'm warning you it's scary, but I have a few Halloween pics. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.