So what's for dinner?

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Chicken with 40 cloves (but reduced down for two, so some thighs and 20 cloves) with a great big salad. Apartment is going to smell delicious for days.

asyouwish

Registered
Reaction score
Dessert for diner! Homemade vegan ice cream (my bananas were getting overripe).

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Dessert for diner! Homemade vegan ice cream (my bananas were getting overripe).
That threw me for a minute while I was parsing out the difference between vegetarian and vegan (haven't had any meat ice cream in a long time). I'm assuming there's no dairy in yours.

How about a recipe?

asyouwish

Registered
Reaction score
That threw me for a minute while I was parsing out the difference between vegetarian and vegan (haven't had any meat ice cream in a long time). I'm assuming there's no dairy in yours.

How about a recipe?

Meat ice cream? LOL

It means no eggs and no milk/cream.

Basically I freeze ripe bananas and then put them in a high speed blender. Sometimes I add frozen strawberries, or dark chocolate, or peanut butter, or maple syrup, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Chicken with a leek and white wine/sherry/cream cheese sauce, I hope. If the chicken defrosts fast enough.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Basically I freeze ripe bananas and then put them in a high speed blender. Sometimes I add frozen strawberries, or dark chocolate, or peanut butter, or maple syrup, etc. The possibilities are endless.
Bolding mine. Yum! I'll be doing that today since I have three bananas in the freezer and a block of dark chocolate.

ETA: dinner last night was clean out the fridge. After smelling and/or looking at some of the contents, we were left with only a few slices of pizza. But the fridge is now cleaned out!

Last edited:

asyouwish

Registered
Reaction score
Bolding mine. Yum! I'll be doing that today since I have three bananas in the freezer and a block of dark chocolate.

Tip: melt the chocolate with some coconut oil, and then add this mixture over your ice cream. The cold of the ice cream makes the chocolate freeze and it's magical delicious.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I'm trying a butter chicken. Currently the chicken is marinating. I hope I don't mess this up :D

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Leftovers. Though I think I'll take the remaining ground beef & macaroni noodle & marinara sauce and repurpose it with the addition of some shredded cheese and topping of Panko bread crumbs before oven baking in a square glass pan. That plus garden salad and a nice glass or two of wine ought to do it.

--Ken

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Last night I grilled brats, roasted some new potatoes, prepared some instant mashed potatoes (if you do them right, they are pretty good), heated some canned corn, and washed some red grapes.

The kids seemed to enjoy it. My brother and my nephew were over.

Tonight I'm fixing some stuffed peppers, and I'll probably drum up something for the kiddos because they don't much like them. I like mine a bit saucy.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
Last night I grilled brats, roasted some new potatoes, prepared some instant mashed potatoes (if you do them right, they are pretty good), heated some canned corn, and washed some red grapes.

The kids seemed to enjoy it. My brother and my nephew were over.

Tonight I'm fixing some stuffed peppers, and I'll probably drum up something for the kiddos because they don't much like them. I like mine a bit saucy.

mmm...sounds tasty, 'cept for the peppers. but i'm biased against them because spicy things trigger my acid reflux disorder xD

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
These are sweet peppers stuffed with rice, seasoned ground beef (or ground venison, depending on time of year), tomato sauce and cheese. They are one of my husband's favorite dishes, and I enjoy them as well.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
These are sweet peppers stuffed with rice, seasoned ground beef (or ground venison, depending on time of year), tomato sauce and cheese. They are one of my husband's favorite dishes, and I enjoy them as well.

ooooh o.o sounds good. never had that stuff before xD we usually go with cheap easy meals at my place. tv dinners, hamburger helpers, the occasional batch of spaghetti or mac n cheese...once in a while we make something real nice, but it's usually just the turkey or chicken for xmas and thanksgiving xD

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
I put some dried heritage beans (bought from the farmer last spring) in slow cooker (with water of course -- but not presoaked), and various seasonings, some dried onion flakes, couple of diced, seeded peppers (I'm told they are Hungarian peppers) . . . brought to a boil, then turned down to simmer until dinner time, to serve with hot dogs (old-school, in buns with all the condiments). House smells really good as the beans simmer with the seasonings. Just guessed on what seasonings would work. So far, so good.

--Ken

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Home made vegetable beef soup with the BEST CORNBREAD IN THE WORLD.

Also parmesan biscuits for tomorrow.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Neighbor brought us a pile of just-picked cherry tomatoes . . . so I'll use a bunch of those in some slow-cooker chili -- whizz some in blender and slice some in half. Black beans, browned grass-fed organic ground beef, diced onion, the tomatoes, diced bell pepper, diced jalapeno or two, chili powder, a bit of garlic salt, pepper . . . that should do it. Maybe a couple other herbs and spices. Turmeric, of course.

Now, what to do with the pile of fresh-picked limes he also brought us . . .

--Ken

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
Made butternut squash and chocolate soup. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't where I want it to be. I think next time I'll make a straight butternut soup and then a spiced cocoa (not chocolate) sauce to drizzle on top and mix as you eat.

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
Fresh cider and a soup:

1 lb hot italian sausage, loose
1 lb kielbasa, cased
1 bag frozen okra
1 bag frozen beans
3 potatoes, sliced into rounds
2% milk for simmering in
1 "tub" of knorr vegetable boullion