Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
You guys ready for April fool's day? Last year was steampunk and Cray became mod, scared to see what's in store for us this year. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Which dungeon?

'Cause getting the dungeons confused could lead to very interesting baked goods, or very weird evenings.

:roll:

I wouldn't know....haven't you been in there a time or two? Oh, that's right you were put in the 'not so fun dungeon' weren't you? :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
gotta go, leave a light on for me it's scary in here after dark. Actually it's kinda scary in here during the day, too. :scared:

later hounds

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Cthulhu-themed snacks would be things like octopus, squid, eel, sea urchin, star fish (representing Elder Things), Haggis Fish, frog (for Deep Ones and Tsathoggua), earthworms (for Cthonians), snake (for Yig and Serpent People), bat (for Shamblers), etc. We'd have to figure out something for Shoggoth.

All served live or at least uncooked...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eating healthy sucks. I have garlic chicken breast with broccoli, carrots and celery and brown rice

As a stir fry - which, if it isn't what you did with it, you should have - that sounds plenty tasty to me. Especially if you toss in a few spices.

Don't mistake healthy for "bland," Abs, or you'll have a much harder time doing it.

:)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
As a stir fry - which, if it isn't what you did with it, you should have - that sounds plenty tasty to me. Especially if you toss in a few spices.

Don't mistake healthy for "bland," Abs, or you'll have a much harder time doing it.

I threw it all (except for the rice) into the crockpot with some garlic cloves and pepper. It smelled wonderful all day but its definitely missing something. I've been trying to reduce the salt. As much as I dislike real peppers (love the taste, hate the crunch) I might just get some and try using them in things. At least 'kick' is better than bland.

How else do you avoid salt?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, for starters, Abs, there are a whole lot more spices and herbs out there than just garlic and pepper. It could have used a number of things, such as some paprika, perhaps a little chives or onion, usually a little rosemary too with chicken is often good. Basil, oregano, etc.

I have some garam marasala that I have found to be excellent in chicken dishes, too.

Soy sauce - the low sodium kind - is also good, as is a little bit of worcestshire (however one spells that).

Try a few of those spice combos they sell; just get the ones without salt. See what's in them on the ingredients, and the ones you like experiment with. (Mrs Dash actually makes some good ones.)

Which is mostly what it comes down to. Buy some staples (cumin would also be on my list of staples), and experiment.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and Abs?

Know, in advance, that in the process of experimenting, while it will make you a better cook (oh, and start looking up recipes - also good way to start learning and experimenting) - sometimes you're going to @#$% up. And not know it until you taste it.

At which point you order pizza.

But just for that night. The next you try something different.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.