Garryowen and Rugby

Nuwanda

Registered
Reaction score
Website
abigailftaylor.wordpress.com
Just a little help! I've got a chacter who's a hooker for Garryowen. (He's from Limerick) and I was curious about retirement age, when the season begins and ends, where he'd most likely have his flat/live off season and how mvp awards work. Also any hookers/matches I should look at? Ian Roberts is the only rugby player I know but he's not a hooker (or Irish) so there's that.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Retirement is often driven by injury. If his body holds up he could be playing for the Veterans side well into his 40s or longer. Rteirement from pro-level by about 35

Matchu

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.drysailorboy.wordpress.com
Although you would not want your hero to be a hooker. Hookers tend to have a raft of personal issues, what with being stumpy, unattractive, dull little psycotrolls, from experience; real salt of the earth devils. Your hero should be a beautiful flanker with flowing blonde hair, or even a swarthy enforcer type from the second row. Everybody knows this.

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Although you would not want your hero to be a hooker. Hookers tend to have a raft of personal issues, what with being stumpy, unattractive, dull little psycotrolls, from experience; real salt of the earth devils.

My 14 yo daughter plays hooker. She is none of those things

Want to rephrase that ? *cocks eyebrow*

OP, watch the recent Ireland/Wales match. If for nothing else but that it was fecking good.

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
Although you would not want your hero to be a hooker. Hookers tend to have a raft of personal issues, what with being stumpy, unattractive, dull little psycotrolls, from experience; real salt of the earth devils. Your hero should be a beautiful flanker with flowing blonde hair, or even a swarthy enforcer type from the second row. Everybody knows this.

you're saying hibbard and dacey are unattractive and dull? ;)

Must be a British thing:D

for a great book about rugby, Calon is hard to beat.

Last edited:

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net

*ahem* Careful with the generalizations. You never know who you might be insulting.

Cath ~ whose brother is a forward and whose dad is a coach.