XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Good grief, you guys have been busy! :) I liked the story. :)

apparently there's a bug that can occur where the apple software gets confused and doesn't actually save the document when it says it does.

Curry...sooo jealous.

That's so weird. I've never had that problem. :( (Never NOTICEABLY had that problem, I should say!)

Also, the curry was very tasty! My friends know all the chaps who work there and so they gave us some complimentary side dishes they're trying out and thinking of putting on the menu. It's all who you know! heh :)

Long night in the Debio household. First, little debio insisted on watching this and then this over and over and over.

You, sir, are evil. Now I have that first song stuck in my head!

Also, poor doggy!

Also also: new trick. Does little dude have a bedside lamp? If so, change the bulb. The new bulb has monster killing properties. If ANY part of the monster is touched by the light - if he even SEES the light - he poofs into nothingness. That's something I did for the kids I used to baby sit. It was a family with five kids and by the end of a month I'd replaced all five bedside lamp bulbs and, while there was the occasional light switch-on in the middle of the night, they were all going to sleep fine after a few weeks.

Another option, told me by a soap maker I know, is anti-monster spray. You get a good spray bottle with a 'mist' option and fill it with water and enough orange and/or mint flavouring to make it smell nice, and then you let the wean have it to spray the bad monsters.

Anyway, just a thought. :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
They frequently put out different flavors, the green tea one is pretty constant

Um... what are the chances I can get you to send me a care package from Japan? I can send US stuff you miss in return (if there is such a thing) :)

(Although what I really want is kana refrigerator magnets. So far none of my Japan-visiting friends have ever found them. Sighdesu.)

Bacon-and-egg ice cream?

I had prosciutto ice cream once. It was... not something I'd repeat.

I leave stuff around the house and tell him it is monster body parts.

Now that is truly awesome. My two little ones haven't had a monster stage yet, maybe because there's always the two of them together. And because any creature with half a brain cell, fearsome monster or no, would think twice before messing with the Girl Child.

The tally stands at dairy, citrus fruits, fish, all nuts and seeds, and a sensitivity to wheat. I apparently can eat it, and the response won't be that strong, but it's best to avoid it.

Oh, ugh! Now I don't feel bad at all about my single allergy.

:Hug2:

I really am going to instigate the use of the crock when I move... as I will have a moar better/useable kitchen, and dishwasher.

Yay for moving and dishwashers! I have some awesome crockpot recipes. Maybe we need a Cantina Kitchen thread for recipe-posting?

I may be about to make an offer on a house, so if anyone is noticing that whenever they're on AW the entire screen is jittering back and forth like a frightened animal, that's me.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I may be about to make an offer on a house, so if anyone is noticing that whenever they're on AW the entire screen is jittering back and forth like a frightened animal, that's me.

Oooh, do you love it? Does it have adequate space for bookshelves? Good luck. *battens down the hatches. and the bantha*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hillz, if you need a second opinion on a cadaver, try not to inject the arteries and veins with blue and red latex, then soak in strong preservatives. Unless you were hoping for a diagnosis of mostly disectable, then go ahead.

Also, guess how well large asses soak up toxic chemicals? If one thought the lab smelled bad on week one, they better had a stomach of steel by week 12.

When we had to dissect a shark in anatomy classes, my lab partner had a beast of a hangover. Needless to say that day, all twelve hours of it, I did most of the work cutting into the smelly and gross insides of the shark.

On the bright side, you didnt say see barfed in it...

Luck!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Bugz, just inject yourself with caffiene :)

True story: I've only once had an energy drink. It was the night before a combined anatomy lab exam in vet school (meaning double the material and questions). All of us nerds had to cram after a busy week of dissecting.

I was all but bouncing off the table with the donkey cadaver.

I don't recommend this, fyi :)

O.O

I abuse caffeine, so it doesn't give me quite that much energy. But another round of edits and a cup of tea revived me, so I'm good now. :D

When we had to dissect a shark in anatomy classes, my lab partner had a beast of a hangover. Needless to say that day, all twelve hours of it, I did most of the work cutting into the smelly and gross insides of the shark.

Twelve hours of dissecting? That's craziness.

I am suspicious of scrivener.

You are suspicious of all new things. :tongue

Good luck!!!! :D

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many people here just use "vanilla" word processors and how many use something more comprehensive for novel writing, like that Scrivener program I keep hearing so much about? Does it actually make a noticeable difference in the process?

I use word or open office mostly, depending on the computer I am on at the time. But I have been experimenting with some minimalist word processors, currently I'm playing withe pyword. I like it. Easy to set my favorite black back ground with dark yellow font that is so easy on my eyes. It goes full screen too. no buttons, no other windows, now browser.

In case old school RPG gamers care, Ultima IV and the original Fallout are available for free right now on Good Old Games.

YaY! Old school games rock. I have all the wizardry, all the bard's tale and many of the ultimas. I currently have the Zork on my work computer. Shh. It's a secret. Shh.

I wanted fallout. Don't currently have a copy. Will fix that tomorrow.

Bugz, just inject yourself with caffiene :)

True story: I've only once had an energy drink. It was the night before a combined anatomy lab exam in vet school (meaning double the material and questions). All of us nerds had to cram after a busy week of dissecting.

I was all but bouncing off the table with the donkey cadaver.

I don't recommend this, fyi :)

Why not? Was the table hard?

You, sir, are evil. Now I have that first song stuck in my head!

Also, poor doggy!

Also also: new trick. Does little dude have a bedside lamp? If so, change the bulb. The new bulb has monster killing properties. If ANY part of the monster is touched by the light - if he even SEES the light - he poofs into nothingness. That's something I did for the kids I used to baby sit. It was a family with five kids and by the end of a month I'd replaced all five bedside lamp bulbs and, while there was the occasional light switch-on in the middle of the night, they were all going to sleep fine after a few weeks.

Another option, told me by a soap maker I know, is anti-monster spray. You get a good spray bottle with a 'mist' option and fill it with water and enough orange and/or mint flavouring to make it smell nice, and then you let the wean have it to spray the bad monsters.

Anyway, just a thought. :)

Evil songs must be passed along. I'm sure it's a rule. I'll have to look it up.

Magic monster killing lightbulbs are cool. But I like the spray better. I'm trying to find something that requires the little one to act on their own. So we take frequent walks into the scary places and look for places that monsters can hide, check to make sure they are not there, and then make a note. In the evening we go back and check those places. But only on the "scary" days, which, so far, are very rare.

Um... what are the chances I can get you to send me a care package from Japan? I can send US stuff you miss in return (if there is such a thing) :)

(Although what I really want is kana refrigerator magnets. So far none of my Japan-visiting friends have ever found them. Sighdesu.)

I had prosciutto ice cream once. It was... not something I'd repeat.

Now that is truly awesome. My two little ones haven't had a monster stage yet, maybe because there's always the two of them together. And because any creature with half a brain cell, fearsome monster or no, would think twice before messing with the Girl Child.

If Ifind any, I'll let you know. I'm always looking for the Kanji Clock myself.

Try mayonaise ice cream, or wasabi, or squid ink or....

Girl Child? Isn't that a law of nature as well. Females is always more scarier or something?

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, do you love it? Does it have adequate space for bookshelves? Good luck. *battens down the hatches. and the bantha*

I really like it, it's a really good price, on 2 acres, and enough room for the twins to have separate bedrooms, which'll reduce my stress level by about 90%. It also means they won't be going to this town's elementary school, which makes Abu Graib look cuddly by comparison, and that'll reduce my stress levels next year by another 200bazillion%.

What I don't like is that it means having to pack my stuff and move it. If this happens, that probably means no one will see or hear from me for about 4 months. Also, town has no cable or high-speed internet :(

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Girl Child? Isn't that a law of nature as well. Females is always more scarier or something?

My Eldest is Mellow With Quirks. But Youngest is one ferociously determined little bug -- so much so, that I knew that about her before the end of the first trimester of pregnancy. Really.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
What I don't like is that it means having to pack my stuff and move it. If this happens, that probably means no one will see or hear from me for about 4 months. Also, town has no cable or high-speed internet :(

Space...safe space is excellent for that age. :) Can you get a broadband card or something to bring teh intarwebs to you?

And, after enduring about 4.65001222222 hours this week of multiple coworkers standing outside my cubicle gabbing sourly about how I have short-timers syndrome - while I work inside of said cubicle - I officially lost it. They have crawled, whimpering, away, and I don't expect this will be a problem next week. :Jump:

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Space...safe space is excellent for that age. :) Can you get a broadband card or something to bring teh intarwebs to you?

And, after enduring about 4.65001222222 hours this week of multiple coworkers standing outside my cubicle gabbing sourly about how I have short-timers syndrome - while I work inside of said cubicle - I officially lost it. They have crawled, whimpering, away, and I don't expect this will be a problem next week. :Jump:

Bitching about someone right outside their cubicle and not realizing they can hear you = Stoopid.

Bitching about someone right outside their cubicle and not caring if they can hear you, and that person is Hillz = Stoopid.

Either way you have my permiss..er..encouragement to do the :e2teeth:thing. Said bitching serves no useful purpose. It only serves to make the subject feel bad. Deliberate hurting of feelings for the purpose of hurting feelings is not a good thing at any time. Ever. No way, no how.

Hurting of feelings in the process of achieving a higher goal is often okay though. So, just make sure you classify your :e2teeth: as manners education and you're good.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

Nope, whole town has no cable. Will have to investigate satellite internet, I guess, though I hear it's pricey.

Or I could just go without internet. After all, after moving all ~6000 books I own, maybe I'll start feeling motivated to read more.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Debio- the table was stainless steel, but the issue was more the festering, ill-preserved corpse upon said table. Not so great for bouncing.

I instead grabbed at things and asked my friend toaskmeanotherquestion. Comeonimreadyjustask. Gogogo!

I really like it, it's a really good price, on 2 acres, and enough room for the twins to have separate bedrooms, which'll reduce my stress level by about 90%. It also means they won't be going to this town's elementary school, which makes Abu Graib look cuddly by comparison, and that'll reduce my stress levels next year by another 200bazillion%.

Ifon with 3gee is nice ;)

Want me to mail you a recently unemployeed security guard?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

-----------

Yay for moving and dishwashers! I have some awesome crockpot recipes. Maybe we need a Cantina Kitchen thread for recipe-posting?

someone check closet for monsters for me? I haz a scaired of the dark still.

Thank you! and yes - no idea how to cook in a crockpot

ah, the tale of the apartment.... I'll ramble about that later - it's making me shiver, too, so we can hold each other while we're scairt!

wow- there are a lot of ups and downs.... the lack of dsl internet and no cable is a major bummer - I don't see a way out of this... sorry....

screw the f*%#ers, Hillz. I hate a@@holes like that. I have a co-worker who runs around bitching about how she's the only one who works... and she does this b!+ch!ng in 1/2 hour increments. She also likes to disappear on Friday afternoons and leaves every day about 5 minutes early.

On that note - I called the landlady-of-no-contact about the apartment, and apparently, girl who said I was approved was a little quick on the draw. They aren't done with my application - the one I did ON MONDAY. They have done the credit checks... but haven't verified my employment or my tenancy - she says they are waiting on the criminal check. Good lord. I don't leave my apartment enough to commit any crimes. And while you're waiting, can't you make the tiny two other phonecalls? I used to DO that sort of job. I made those phonecalls the same day the application came in.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

See, this must be why the monsters never visited my house. Four kids, all within a few years of one another? obviously the fact that my children traveled in a pack kept the evulz at bay.

YaY! Old school games rock. I have all the wizardry, all the bard's tale and many of the ultimas. I currently have the Zork on my work computer. Shh. It's a secret. Shh.

Dungeon keeper II for the win.

Didn't you know? the female of the species is always more deadly (and devious) than the male.

someone check closet for monsters for me? I haz a scaired of the dark still.

Oh good. I thought I was the only one.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Either way you have my permiss..er..encouragement to do the :e2teeth:thing. Said bitching serves no useful purpose. It only serves to make the subject feel bad. Deliberate hurting of feelings for the purpose of hurting feelings is not a good thing at any time. Ever. No way, no how.

Hurting of feelings in the process of achieving a higher goal is often okay though. So, just make sure you classify your :e2teeth: as manners education and you're good.

Oh, they knew I could hear them. And they were trying to needle me, for reasons unknown. Masochists? I think they just hadn't thought it through. Shocker.

Or I could just go without internet. After all, after moving all ~6000 books I own, maybe I'll start feeling motivated to read more.

You might find yourself getting real productive in a hurry. After the withdrawals, that is.

Want me to mail you a recently unemployeed security guard?

Thank you, but no. :)

screw the f*%#ers, Hillz. I hate a@@holes like that.

Your version of a$$holes looks like it's watching us! :eek:

:D

On that note - I called the landlady-of-no-contact about the apartment, and apparently, girl who said I was approved was a little quick on the draw. They aren't done with my application - the one I did ON MONDAY. They have done the credit checks... but haven't verified my employment or my tenancy - she says they are waiting on the criminal check. Good lord. I don't leave my apartment enough to commit any crimes. And while you're waiting, can't you make the tiny two other phonecalls? I used to DO that sort of job. I made those phonecalls the same day the application came in.

Are you sure this property management company isn't also in publishing? Because all this sounds mighty familiar.

You'll get there. :)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Oh good. I thought I was the only one.

you are not the only one

Oh, they knew I could hear them. And they were trying to needle me, for reasons unknown. Masochists? I think they just hadn't thought it through. Shocker.

(snip)

Your version of a$$holes looks like it's watching us! :eek:

Are you sure this property management company isn't also in publishing? Because all this sounds mighty familiar.

You'll get there. :)

those people must not have known you very well.... ???

you never know when the a@@holes are going to sprout eyes...

they might be in publishing, you never know....

Status
Not open for further replies.