Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Yes, but you're not an American, where they are an integral part of the culture.

Also, IIRC, it was Bugs Bunny in Valkyrian drag, with Elmer Fudd singing "Kill the WABBIT!"

Even people who have not seen many Bugs Bunny cartoons ...
:D

Nah, still no idea.

:Jump:

and

:chair

That is my day.

Well, my heart rate seems to be returning to normal, so that's good. (Lots of anxiety today)

What time does it come out? I'm presuming as soon as it hits the 13 th American time?

*me got annoyed at her timezone this morning cause a certain book wasn't on sale yet*

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
What time does it come out? I'm presuming as soon as it hits the 13 th American time?

*me got annoyed at her timezone this morning cause a certain book wasn't on sale yet*

Heh.

They're supposed to show up no later than midnight EST release morning. Lately, they've been showing up around 9pm EST. I've been stalking the coming soon page, and I can see that they're starting to get the blurbs up, so the process is moving. I'll give a shout when it's on sale.

The excerpt on the guest blog post went over really well, so I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

I went to bed and actually slept this time round. It was awesomesauce : D

How are we all?
Sleep is a wonderful thing, isn't it? A week into working overnight, I'm realizing this more and more.

I'm fine, BTW. I just finished one critique for my writers group. I was hoping to start the other, but it's long.

Speaking of that, is anyone familiar with non-fic proposals? I've never done one before and I'm not really sure what to look for.

Wow. It got really windy all of a sudden. That cold front is really moving through.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
*stumbles into Cantina with torn clothes and bleeding wounds*
*grabs piece of paper*
*writes in own blood*
Blank page - 1,573,836 ... Angel - 0

*collapses in dong garden* Can I still hang out here if I decide to never try to write anything even vaguely novel-like ever again?

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*stumbles into Cantina with torn clothes and bleeding wounds*
*grabs piece of paper*
*writes in own blood*
Blank page - 1,573,836 ... Angel - 0

*collapses in dong garden* Can I still hang out here if I decide to never try to write anything even vaguely novel-like ever again?

*fans Angel* "Get this man some booze!"

Poor thing. You just rest. You can try again tomorrow.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Sian!

It's for sale.

:chair

:D unfortunately I just realised I had to go to the bank to get money on my debit card yo buy the thing, but this will be rectified this afternoon :)

Also, it's probably a good thing I can't buy it now. I need to have a shower and get ready for this OSCE.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
No, I can't. I'm done. I know I seem to say that every time I get tired and irritable, but this time I mean it. This whole "writing" business can burn in the deepest circle of Hell, I am officially done with it.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
No, I can't. I'm done. I know I seem to say that every time I get tired and irritable, but this time I mean it. This whole "writing" business can burn in the deepest circle of Hell, I am officially done with it.

Unfortunately, it's not something you can actually quit all that easily. Most of us here have probably tried at least once. I know I have tried several times. It's like an addiction; once you start telling stories, you can't seem to stop.

We have you now.

You'll never escape.

Mwa ha ha haaaaaaaa!!!!

MWA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA!

:evil

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
It's like an addiction; once you start telling stories, you can't seem to stop.
Loophole: I've never actually told someone a story. I've just told myself that at some point I'm going to do that. Never got around to it, due to my lack of any measurable talent.

I have half a mind to find my old English teachers and slap them for lying about me being a good writer.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone has told a story, even if it's just that time they sprained their foot doing something stupid, spent a lot of time onthe couch, and during one of their few attempts to rise and move around, drove a nail through the very same foot.

I'm still not clear why this person had nails in their living room.

But, stories are in us. It's letting them out thats easy. It's catching them on this intimidating thing called paper thats hard. Try write or die. Then write. Dont die.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
RA, it took me a long long long time to get to the point where I could finish a story. I wrote a lot of pieces of things to start with, until I figured out how to finish stuff.

It's hard. But it does eventually come.

Just write the snatches you have, and don't worry about anything else.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Raiding the smiley library...

This was me on Friday with my month-old PC.

:Hammer:

Fortunately it's been collected today and I should get it back fixed in 3-5 working days. At least it's still under warranty.

And this was me this evening after my first day back at work, with amongst other things 93 emails in my work inbox.

:e2zzz:

Good evening everyone. Hope all is well.

RA - if writing is stressing you out, take a break for a day or so, but don't give up. We're all on learning curves, so keep at it.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Grr. There's a blow fly in my house. (Dying in my ceiling lamp.) I'm *really* hoping it came in from outside. I do not want a repeat of the fly horror I had in June.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
RA - I think you just need a break. We all do at times. I didn't write for almost three months. I considered quitting, thinking that all my effort was a waste of time, I was no good, blah blah blah. I thought something was wrong with me. I'm sure everyone here remembers my whining. But eventually the words came back. Now I'm progressing with my book again and thrilled about it. If the novel thing is tripping you up, perhaps try a short story or a character study. Those are actually kind of fun. Just try to hang in there.

Grr. There's a blow fly in my house. (Dying in my ceiling lamp.) I'm *really* hoping it came in from outside. I do not want a repeat of the fly horror I had in June.
Infestations are awful. We had pantry moths in our garage. Even with traps and thorough cleaning it took months for them to finally disappear. Disgusting to say the least.

I've got to get ready for work. See everyone tomorrow.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
Hey dude and dudettes. I am back from my weekend at the coast, and I am proud to report I wrote 5k over 3 days! YEAH GO NP. Also, today is my 27th Birthday! Wooo! :D

:D unfortunately I just realised I had to go to the bank to get money on my debit card yo buy the thing, but this will be rectified this afternoon :)

Also, it's probably a good thing I can't buy it now. I need to have a shower and get ready for this OSCE.
Omg please do, you're becoming rather potent. BWAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding Sian! You probably smell like laughter and rainbows and daffodils! Good luck on your exam!

Never give up, never surrender! I can empathize with what you're feeling. But.... even though the world of writing contains so much evil and Hellspawn and demons and succubi and Soul suckers, there's light to balance out the darkness. Somewhere... I think. Hmm, now that I think about it I'm not so sure. Seriously though, hope a break will chance your mind. Stay strong!

Also, 10, GRATS ON YOUR SHORT STORY ACCEPTANCE SO AWESOME :D :D :D

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to resist writing a story about moths for the last fifteen minutes. The fifteen minutes before that, I was trying to avoid getting inspired for a new story idea by strong winds.

Why am I not good at this "actually sticking with a story until the end" thing? :gaah

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
ETA: And to think, I put on purple pants for you, too.

:tongue

Youtube or it didn't happen.

and @ RA: Keep it up, even when it sucks. I found that, for me, I stopped hating the actual act of writing when I stopped writing for 'other people', be they family or future publishers or my invisible peanut gallery. I had to tell myself, "this is for me, not them." a lot before it finally started to sink in though. When the joy of writing comes back to me, and it gradually is coming back, then I'll start thinking about writing for them again. Until then, we gotta push through. It isn't easy, though, and it feels doubly hard as I'm not used to this sort of self-motivation that all creative efforts require. Lots of :Hug2:s.

Last edited:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Have any of you ever taken a break from a story, even a short one, but then been scared to jump back into it? Because that's how I'm feeling right now. I want to get back to work on my Dragons story, but it's just soooo big, it's scaring me a little.

*takes a deep breath* But I'll try not to worry. I'll just read the last page I wrote and jump back into it. I've got a vague outline, so I know what's going to happen next, it's just a matter of writing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.