Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Novels
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #101
glutton
Banned for Trolling

glutton is a shiny, shiny jewelglutton is a shiny, shiny jewel
I just find it amazing people accusing someone of bigotry are making a ton of judgments based on assumptions without supporting evidence.

It seems pretty likely somebody assumed I was a white male too.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #102
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh for heaven's sake.

Glutton, you asked a question. You got your answers. Many answers.

This whole discussion really has nothing to do with political correctness -- so I dunno what all your hand-wringing is really about.

You wrote something. One reader offered a comment about a phrase. The way to respond to that isn't "OH WOE! If I write the way I want to write, politically correct, censoring assholes will think I'm a sexist douchebag! And I'm TOTES NOT a sexist douchebag, I just want the freedom to sound like one!"

The way to respond to that is to decide whether or not those are the right words for your audience. If they aren't, then change 'em. But it's certainly not the fault of some faceless torch-bearing PC feminist mob if the phrase doesn't work.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
Closed Thread