• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

S A M Publishing

chekzchevov

soup
Registered
Reaction score
http://sampublishing.net/index.html

Hey, what do we know about these guys? I like what they are accepting, but the website is just like.... nothing. They don't even list their authors. They list their books, but shouldn't they also have some author sections or something?

Just wondering what else may be known about them and if they're legit, POD, etc.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Seeing that they list their books, but aren't doing a big author-thing makes me feel actually hopeful. They seem to be aiming at readers, rather than writers.

They have a very skimpy catalog (four books, two of them poetry, one anthology, one memoir).

They list their books as both e-texts and in hard copy, which I suspect would be POD.

As far as payment, over at Duotrope they say, "No monetary advance. Unknown royalties. We do not list pay specifics. Check with the publisher for details."

So, you ought to ask them for details. You can also Google on the authors they list to see where else they've published.

Generally, I urge caution when dealing with start-ups. I also urge caution when you see a publisher which doesn't list the names of anyone on staff. So, be cautious.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Their website looks very unprofessional. Their covers aren't very confidence inspiring either. They could at least have hired someone to make the website for them, since it's basically their calling card, or they could've purchased a premade layout. You can get these for as cheap as $30. I wouldn't submit to them for these reasons - if they don't have the funds for a professional looking website or book covers, I doubt they have much funds for editors, marketing, etc.

Pinguicha

Has the cutest cat in the world!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pinguicha.wordpress.com
Their website looks very unprofessional. Their covers aren't very confidence inspiring either. They could at least have hired someone to make the website for them, since it's basically their calling card, or they could've purchased a premade layout. You can get these for as cheap as $30. I wouldn't submit to them for these reasons - if they don't have the funds for a professional looking website or book covers, I doubt they have much funds for editors, marketing, etc.

I agree with this. Unless they change what's mentioned above, I wouldn't deal with them.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Put out a fifth book in '12, but nothing further. Anyone have recent contact with them?