• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Wells Arms Literary

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
I didn't see a thread for this agency yet, so thought I'd start one, since I just got a full request. :D

Victoria Wells Arms just opened her agency last month, but after a long and impressive editorial career. http://wellsarms.com/about.html Jennifer Laughran enthusiastically endorsed her on Twitter.

From the website:

We focus on books for readers of all ages, and we particularly love board books, picture books, readers, chapter books, middle grade, and young adult fiction, both authors and illustrators.

We do not represent to the textbook, magazine, adult romance or fine art markets.

She was right around one month on her response time to my query (middle grade).

Has anyone else submitted to her?

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I just queried her with my YA. Thanks. :) I'll try to remember to post her response time. Good luck with your full request!

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
I just queried her with my YA. Thanks. :) I'll try to remember to post her response time. Good luck with your full request!

I sent a query on my Mystery/Thriller. Will update if I hear from her.

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this agency yet, so thought I'd start one, since I just got a full request. :D

Victoria Wells Arms just opened her agency last month, but after a long and impressive editorial career. http://wellsarms.com/about.html Jennifer Laughran enthusiastically endorsed her on Twitter.

From the website:

We focus on books for readers of all ages, and we particularly love board books, picture books, readers, chapter books, middle grade, and young adult fiction, both authors and illustrators.

We do not represent to the textbook, magazine, adult romance or fine art markets.

She was right around one month on her response time to my query (middle grade).

Has anyone else submitted to her?

Congrats, Joy. Do you mind sharing your response
time? I queried 10/6.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I queried on 10/25 and got a full request today, 10/31 (well, technically late on 10/30 but I didn't check my email until after midnight). It's YA fantasy and she did say it may be too fantasy for her but that she'll give it a look. :)

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
I sent a query on my Mystery/Thriller. Will update if I hear from her.

Got an rejection a few hours ago with this wording: "This sounds like terrific fun, but not really the kind of book I'd know how to represent."

So any adult mystery/thriller folks out there can scratch this agency off your list I guess..... :Shrug:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Sent the 25th and got an R yesterday (10-30) Good response time.

Good luck to the people that got the full reqs.

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks JoyMC. Good luck to all with requests. It looks like most people have gotten a response. I queried 10/6. Is anyone else still waiting?

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
!

Just wanted to point out that Ms. Wells Arms has had her first couple of sales. It seems she's taken a couple of the authors she's edited on as clients. Not bad for first sales

maracalone

Registered
Reaction score
I have a full out with this agent. Does anyone know if she is a non-responder to fulls?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I sent them a query today, we'll see if I get a response in the coming weeks ;)

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query and never received a response.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I have a full with her too. She requested it around late October/early November last year and I haven't heard back. She has not responded to my polite nudge in March so I put her down as a no response.

No response=no to queries I can see (although I don't really like that policy either), but if an agent chooses to request the whole manuscript, you'd think they could at least carve out 15 seconds from their schedule to send a form rejection.

Seikei

Registered
Reaction score
Proofread, proofread, proofread

You mean...UNdeliverable?

Seikei

Registered
Reaction score
requested ms. no reply

I sent a query for my YA novel 5/3/14. Got a request for a full two days later. Sometime in early September I sent a nudge essentially asking if she was still considering it. She said yes, but gave no indication how long it might be. Judging from what somebody said above, this may be her standard operating procedure, and I will just never get an answer. Certainly doesn't show much respect for writers.

12/5/13: As I expected, no reply. She hasn't been an agent very long and I think the job may be too much for her.

Last edited:

VEHust

Registered
Reaction score
She requested my Full a week ago and I am super excited! Anyone have experience with her?

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
She requested my Full a week ago and I am super excited! Anyone have experience with her?

Congrats! Back when she first started agenting, she requested my full, had it a few months, and never got back to me, even when I nudged with an offer of rep. She could have just been getting her feet under her, or she could be a non-responder, even with fulls. Good luck - I hope you hear from her!

kmcwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the request! She requested my YA full after the Sept 2015 Pitmad, and got back to me about a month later with a pass. Very nice and professional, though she didn't give much in the way of feedback or specifics. All the sales I could find for her are PB or MG, but she does rep some YA authors.

Seikei

Registered
Reaction score
Wells Arms Literary Agency

I have a full out with this agent. Does anyone know if she is a non-responder to fulls?

She asked for a full from me a couple years ago. I never got a reply, despite nudging her after about five months. Tells me she's lazy as well as rude.