• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

FinePrint Literary Management

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
I still haven't heard anything from either Brendan (or Suzie Townsend?) about my full that he has. Does anyone have any idea how long should I wait before I try to find out what's going on?

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I've got a Janet Reid question. I sent a query a couple of weeks ago and received a message saying that my query was in her inbox and it would take about a week to get to it. I assumed this was just an auto-response to let me know that she received the query. I'm wondering now, though, because her blog says that she's responded to all queries as of 1/29/10, so does that mean that she already read the query and just wanted more time to consider it? From the wording I had thought it was an, "I haven't gotten to this yet" message, but now I'm confusled. :tongue

I kinda wish I hadn't emailed her in my first batch (she's awesome though so I had to!) because I've actually rewritten my opening page since I sent it to her and I like it much better now. I got a good idea from a friend who had read it and it's pretty cool now. Well, it wasn't bad before, I just think it works better now. Oh well, such is life, right? Live and learn haha.

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
Not an auto response. Janet's really good about letting queriers know their status. Wait the week and see what happens. I think she assumes that she has responded by letting you know she's gotten it. Every so often she'll post "I'm' at zero, if you haven't heard from me, resend" So I'd just wait for that, but I'm guessing you'll get a response in a week.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that was two weeks ago. ;) And I noticed today that she had updated her status to say that she had responded to everything, and I don't know if the "Just letting you know your email is in my waiting to be read" pile was counted as a response. I obviously don't want to requery if she has it, but I still haven't gotten a message to go through to Irene Goodman, so I had wondered if there was an issue on my end. Her original message went to my spam folder, so I've been checking that as well and haven't gotten anything there, either.

Maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow and see if she gives a Status Update post, and if it's not obvious then I can just leave a message in the comment section and ask. I really don't want to be annoying about this. Though hey, I suppose if it is, "I need more time" and not an auto response like I thought, that means I wasn't automatically form rejected so woohoo!

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Colleen via e-mail on 1/27/10 and got a rejection on 1/30/10, so she's not only caught up but very quick to reply just now, it seems.

Thanks, Colleen.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Colleen's Twitter post from tonight:

Caught up on queries through January 27th. I responded to all. If you didn't receive a response from me, I didn't get your query. Try again.

NDZone

Registered
Reaction score
Click on the query badge to the right and you get:

I've replied to all the queries I've received by email and by post.

If you queried me you have gotten either:
1. the dreaded form rejection (sorry, I'm clearly out of my mind)

1.5 the not-quite-so-dreaded, but still clearly wrong, personalized "not for me"

2. the less-dreaded "I need more time" email

3. the even less dreaded, but more terrifying, request for a full

If you did NOT get any of those, go here to
Query Letter Diagnostics.

Resend if you get all the way to #10 and don't see what went wrong.

The Query Letter Diagnostics is a clicky. Hope that helps, and sorry if you already knew it.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that was two weeks ago. ;) And I noticed today that she had updated her status to say that she had responded to everything, and I don't know if the "Just letting you know your email is in my waiting to be read" pile was counted as a response. I obviously don't want to requery if she has it, but I still haven't gotten a message to go through to Irene Goodman, so I had wondered if there was an issue on my end. Her original message went to my spam folder, so I've been checking that as well and haven't gotten anything there, either.

Maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow and see if she gives a Status Update post, and if it's not obvious then I can just leave a message in the comment section and ask. I really don't want to be annoying about this. Though hey, I suppose if it is, "I need more time" and not an auto response like I thought, that means I wasn't automatically form rejected so woohoo!

If you mean the one that starts:

This is not a form letter...

If you got that one, she's responded. Like it says, it's not a form letter. She sends that out when she wants to give something a little extra time.

When that happened to me, I checked with one of her clients who is a member here because it went past the week mark:

Don't status query for a month. Don't ask in comments. Don't send a follow-up email; it gives her extra email... she doesn't like extra email.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, after hearing here what it actually was I'm less worried about it now. I was figuring I wouldn't worry about it for a couple more weeks. I definitely don't want to be annoying! My initial concern was that I had somehow gotten lost in the shuffle. Thanks for the advice, guys!

I think I'm actually more nervous now haha. I really expected to be form rejected off the bat because of the word count. Now I know she's actually looking at it haha. Thanks guys!

Brendan Deneen

Registered
Reaction score
Again, as mentioned, everything will get a response, either from me or an agent at FPL. It may take some time but someone will be in touch.

Last edited:

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Colleen, the link goes to an old post, I suppose the new contest would be for the May 27 - 29, 2010 conference? When is the contest's deadline then?
Thanks.

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! That makes sense, thanks!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Man if I was in the country I'd totally do this.

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
There's a kink though, if I may: it should be the WORST queries to win, those are the ones that need the backstage conference the most, not the best ones!!!
If it were so, I'd totally participate!!!:D

Colleen Lindsay

Goes for broke
Registered
Reaction score
Clarification

Hi everyone!

As you may have heard, FinePrint recently hired a new director of dramatic rights, Pouya Shahbazian. Just to clarify, Pouya is NOT representing books, and he is NOT accepting queries for manuscripts.

A lot of writers have begun to query him with manuscripts. Please don't; he's not an agent.

Thanks very much.

Colleen

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
There's a kink though, if I may: it should be the WORST queries to win, those are the ones that need the backstage conference the most, not the best ones
LOL, I thought about this last time