Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
There's a least three of us (me included) in this thread who belong to the same writing group, and we have a meet on 8 May, so we can't do that afternoon (but we could probably do the evening).

See that'd be ideal for me, because then it's only one trip. And we're usually done by 5 ( unless we yak on too much :D) and we're already in a nice pub....

If it's an evening do, I'm happy to find a room. If anyone wants to share PM me. Not, not you Priene. I don't want baby oil all over the bloody place. Though I can lend you some nice nipple tassels if you're interested.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
If it's an evening do, I'm happy to find a room. If anyone wants to share PM me. Not, not you Priene. I don't want baby oil all over the bloody place. Though I can lend you some nice nipple tassels if you're interested.

I shall maintain a dignified silence on this.

Anyway, I can't do 22 May, but the others are free. Saturdays generally would be better than Sundays because the railways stop functioning. I'd much prefer an afternoon.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Shara that is really nice of you to offer to organize the London meet. I would like to suggest that we meet at either the Royal Festival Hall or the Royal National Theatre to start with - both have large reception areas that have free access - we can move on from there once we have 'congregated', so to speak.

I would like to come to the London meet please. At the moment I can do any Saturday - but that will change on this coming Saturday when family stuff starts to kick in!

I'd also like to do the northern meet.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I'll come to London. I defintely can't do the 15th but the others are possibles, though the 8th and the 22nd slightly awkward. But still doable.

Last edited:

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I'm free for London in May at the moment, and can't think of any reason why that would change. I think the 15th would be best, and I'd rather not have to travel over either bank holiday weekend.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
What about the last weekend in April?

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
What about May 1st?

That's a bank holiday weekend. I'm not saying I wouldn't go if it was a bank holiday weekend, but I'd really rather not sit on a train stuffed full of sugar-hyped brats going on holiday. :D

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
That's a bank holiday weekend. I'm not saying I wouldn't go if it was a bank holiday weekend, but I'd really rather not sit on a train stuffed full of sugar-hyped brats going on holiday. :D

oooh. sounds delightful... NOT. OK then, that's out.

And btw I notice that we Londoners have userped the thread...

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
I don't have a social life, so any of those days would suit me.

Shara that is really nice of you to offer to organize the London meet. I would like to suggest that we meet at either the Royal Festival Hall or the Royal National Theatre to start with - both have large reception areas that have free access - we can move on from there once we have 'congregated', so to speak.
What about the Natural History museum? Beautiful building, and I actually know how to get there. :tongue

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
What about the Natural History museum? Beautiful building, and I actually know how to get there. :tongue

I'm still bitter about the Natural History Museum because it was made free about two weeks after I'd paid £8 to get in.

But I do know how to get there. :D

timewaster

present
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we should start a list? I like lists... it's what happens when you've had too much to drink ... seriously - though ;;;

I am happy for a weekend away or a day. And I am happy to travel...

The list:
Tors
S'Peaches
IRus
JVC
Maxinquaye
eyeblink
Polenth
Priene
S'bear

Hope I've got everyone! Can you say - next to your name on the list, if you want to travel and how long (day, weekend) you will want the meet to last. Cut and paste the list... hopefully this will help us to organize ourselves...

If you've just found this just add yourself to the list ...

I it's London you can count me too!

timewaster

present
Registered
Reaction score
Those dates are fine for me. I can only do afternoons, as the trains stop in the evening.

I don't know what is happening so far in advance - I have kids and stuff, but theoretically I am up for London on some Saturday in May : )

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
I'm still bitter about the Natural History Museum because it was made free about two weeks after I'd paid £8 to get in.

But I do know how to get there. :D
How about the Science Museum, that's just around the corner. Those are two places I almost always go when I have to visit London - can you see a theme developing? ;)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
It would be easy to use the pub that the writing group uses. It has a big upstairs room we could book if there's going to be lots of us. It is on The Strand opposite the Royal Courts of Justice, nearest tube Temple, buses go right past

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
If it's in London, I can probably make arrangements in my Schedule. If it's farther afield, the longer ahead in time the more control I have over the shape of my calendar.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Are the places suggested just meeting places - will we go off to a pub for sausages and beer? The Royal Borough ain't a cheap place to eat! Mind... there's always the British Library.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I'm free for London in May at the moment, and can't think of any reason why that would change. I think the 15th would be best, and I'd rather not have to travel over either bank holiday weekend.

Two people have said they defimitelty can't do the 15th; one can't do the 22nd. The 1st is a bank holiday.

That leaves the 8th and the 29th. Who can't do those days?

I have, so far, for the LONDON meet in May:

Idiotsrus
Polenth
Priene
Sbear
Old Hack
maxinquaye
waylander
Jimmy
timewaster
Fran
aruna
Shara

please add those I've left out to the list!
Then we can maybe all say which of the May dates we CAN't do and see which date can accomodate the most.

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
The 8th is when the writing group is meeting at the pub on the Strand so several of us will be tied up until 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.