UK meet thread [Sat 27 April 2013, London]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
I might be able to make a northern event too as my social life occurs mostly in Nottingham and I know i have friendly beds there. Although whether you northern types could put up with my white stilettos and orange 'tan' is another question.

You've obviously never been to Newcastle's Big Market on a Friday night, then? ;)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
So, everyone set for Saturday? Do we just turn up and give the secret handshake say we're there for the writers' meeting?

ETA: Just thought. Does anyone want to exchange numbers via PM? Might be handy to have them if there's a change of plan?

Last edited:

Princess Marina

Princess Marina
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I expect I'll be too skint to come as I have to get a flight or ferry. I'm UK but not GB as I live in the Isle of Man.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
The upstairs room is booked, so anyone looking a bit lost would be best to head up there.

Sadly I can't come - I'll be on my way to the US.

Shara

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
So, everyone set for Saturday? Do we just turn up and give the secret handshake say we're there for the writers' meeting?

When are you all meeting? I'll have to check timetables and see if it's still affordable.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Our train gets in at about noon. Looks like it's about twenty minutes from King's Cross so we'll be there by around half twelve. We're getting the train home at 545. I think Sara said they kick us out at 5.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be there at about 12 - 12.30 ish. I am going to the National Portrait Gallery on my way there. Retail therapy. They have something I yearn for.

Anyone bringing a camera?

Mt Fribble will you be wearing the hat in your avatar?

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Mt Fribble will you be wearing the hat in your avatar?

Sadly not

I'll be there about 2pm (I'm working till 12!). As last time, if it goes on longer we can always migrate downstairs/decamp somewhere else. There's a nice restaurant down the road with a black hole under the stairs...

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Sadly not

:cry:

I'll be there about 2pm (I'm working till 12!). As last time, if it goes on longer we can always migrate downstairs/decamp somewhere else. There's a nice restaurant down the road with a black hole under the stairs...

Should we line the drinkies up for you? So you can catch up.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Good suggestion. Not sure where to get an IV kit from, but shall try.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Anyone bringing a camera?

I've got a crappy one in my phone. If my wife's phone decides to work for more than 30 seconds, we can use hers - better than mine.

We've got a train booked back so we'll have to shoot off at 5ish.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
So we just go in, sidle up to the bar and mutter something about 'upstairs' and we should get the nod, right? Will there be a door with a little sliding hatch? Is there a password? Do I need to leave a sealed envelope titled 'if I don't return' in my desk drawer?

Status
Not open for further replies.