What song are you listening to

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
She used to love me a lot - Johnny Cash. From the "New" Johnny cash album coming out in march. An album recorded in 1981 which was supposably shelved after Cash left that particular record company.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
She used to love me a lot - Johnny Cash. From the "New" Johnny cash album coming out in march. An album recorded in 1981 which was supposably shelved after Cash left that particular record company.

And here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBlRx7DlL_E

Waitaminnut -- I know this song! It must have been released before...?? (And no, I'm not remembering one of the numerous covers. I'm a Cash fan from way back.)

Funny story... Spring of 1982 I was getting gas in Colorado Springs, and was having a fight with the gas pump. This nice fella came out of the station shack and gave me a hand... and I swear to all the gods, he looked and sounded exactly like Johnny Cash. So I said as much to him, and he replied, "Why, thank you," just like... to this day, I really don't know. At the very least he was one helluva double!!

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
And here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBlRx7DlL_E

Waitaminnut -- I know this song! It must have been released before...?? (And no, I'm not remembering one of the numerous covers. I'm a Cash fan from way back.)

Funny story... Spring of 1982 I was getting gas in Colorado Springs, and was having a fight with the gas pump. This nice fella came out of the station shack and gave me a hand... and I swear to all the gods, he looked and sounded exactly like Johnny Cash. So I said as much to him, and he replied, "Why, thank you," just like... to this day, I really don't know. At the very least he was one helluva double!!

I thought it sounded a little familiar myself, but I can't seem to find any information about it being released before by Johnny.

That is a great story, I guess you will never know, but still great story! I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
I thought it sounded a little familiar myself, but I can't seem to find any information about it being released before by Johnny.

Trying to think where I'd have heard it, and it woulda had to been before late 1984, cuz I didn't have any TV or radio for years after that. Most likely on the late and once-great KBMN radio (Bozeman MT). They had a vast music library and may have received an advance promo LP even tho there was no public release... wouldn't have been terribly unusual. (We got such promo disks occasionally at KGLT while I was there.)

That is a great story, I guess you will never know, but still great story! I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Right age, build, way of moving, lines in the face, accent, right everything a person could see/hear in a two-minute encounter. Couldn't find any record of concerts in the area at the time... it remains a mystery. :D

Likewise looking forward to the album, now that I know about it (thanks!) ... wonder what else is on it that we might have already heard!

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The boy with the moon and star on his head - Cat Stevens

Kolta

Registered
Reaction score
Long Grain Rice by The Scientist

MichaelBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
worldconditions.com
Right now, I’m banging on my old keyboard – no pianos in sight. I know, I know, don’t be such a wise guy.

However, I walk four miles every day and I listen to what I’ve recorded thus far. I won’t link to any of it here and now, but, as soon as I have my 50 introductory posts, I’ll start slowly posting my stuff. It sounds kind self centered, but it’s actually the opposite. I’m always fearing that I’ve released albums filled with mistakes. One would think that I shouldn’t care anymore. I mean, after all, it is what it is.

I listen to what would be considered rock, pop, rock n’ roll and I listen to artists from Bob Dylan to Counting Crows to Alanis Morisett to Stone Temple Pilots to Hootie and his ex-Blowfish. I get inspiration from anyone and everyone to whom I listen. Oh, yeah, my guitar playing is strongly influenced by Carlos Santana. Too bad “influenced by” doesn’t translate into “sounds like”.

To friendship,
Michael

“Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another.” - Eustace Budgell

Dysnomia

Drowning in the depthless sea
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Hey by Superchick

MichaelBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
worldconditions.com
Hey, hey, that’ll be enough of that.

Huh? What’d you say? The name? Of the song?

Whoops, sorry ‘bout that. Don’t mind me, I’m new here.

To friendship,
Michael

“To friendship” is my normal signature. It presupposes nothing in particular. It merely salutes friendship in an age that teaches us that success is measured by how many enemies we defeat.”

World Conditions and Action Items