Last Movie You Watched...

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
Watched In The Loop, a political comedy from Armando Iannucci, who made the sitcoms The Thick of it and Veep. Became of instant fan of Iannucci after catching a few episodes of Veep, then hunted down his one and only movie.

Really liked it, awesome writing though the plot was pretty flat/unsatisfying. The guy knows how to shoot believable, witty office dynamics, though it's kinda scary picturing the people running countries actually behaving like that. And maybe it was first-movie-jitters but the script was trying pretty hard at times. Loved seeing Anna Chlumsky off Veep.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Saw Moonrise Kingdom today. Wes Anderson outdid himself with this one. His films are quirky and offbeat. He doesn't telegraph the plot. Every frame is perfect. I loved this movie.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Secretary

It's a BDSM romantic comedy about a submissive secretary and her Dominant lawyer boss coming to terms with their love of kink. I loved every second of it. :)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The first 15 minutes of The Artist. We are apparently too bourgeois for it--we were bored out of our skulls. Good thing it was only borrowed from the library.

It did make me want to watch Singin' in the Rain, though. That's a delightful movie.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:rolleyes: And I've been meaning to watch that...

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows

Just because I needed a good laugh and RDJ is always good for that. Very funny and entertaining.

Opinionated Ant

I walk into things
Registered
Reaction score
The Fifth Element "give me the caaaash" on Netflix. Sad that my whole family responds like Gary Oldman's "I know" to almost anything.

Getting ready to write with Prince of Persia on in background.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Just got back from the cinema with girlfriend. We'd been to see TED, and it was absolutely hilarious - it had everyone cracking up in the theatre, even my girlfriend, and she's really conscious about other people judging her. So to see her laughing her head off like a loon was great.

I highly recommend the movie, whether you're a fan of MacFarlane's cartoons or not (but especially if you are, like me).

MrZiggles

Registered
Reaction score
Either Kramer vs Kramer as a re-watch or The Wicker Man. It's been a few weeks.
The former because Hoffman nailed it.
The latter because Britt Eckland was in it and there wasn't much on TV.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Crimson Rivers (Jean Reno, mmm...). Cops chasing possible supernatural serial killer, possibly something else. Good, mindless, plus, yanno, Jean Reno. :D Unfortunately, FearNet chose the dubbed version, which is one of hte worst dubs ever. Gah. They play other movies with subtitles; why go for the dub here?

Justin Bossert

Registered
Reaction score
Total Recall. Special effects were nice. The acting, eh. I've heard Ted is really funny. We're going to have to rent it when it's out on dvd.

jmare

My own worst enemy
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched God Bless America on Netflix. Bobcat Goldthwait is a dark, dark, man.

Justin Bossert

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, my latest is now Bourne Legacy. I was curious to see if they could pull it off without Matt Damon. It was actually pretty good. Solid cast and interesting story.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Oh, good. We were hoping the new Bourne would be good enough to rent.

After yesterday's Demonic Toys (1992) (laughed all the way through it), I'm watching 1989's Puppetmaster. It's silly and not scary at all. (Puppet-human foreplay? Gack.) Makes me want to watch Lionel Barrymore's The Devil-Doll (1936). Better script. Excellent actors. Great movie.

VictoriaL

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, my latest is now Bourne Legacy. I was curious to see if they could pull it off without Matt Damon. It was actually pretty good. Solid cast and interesting story.

I saw this movie yesterday! Justin, I am guessing you are a man so might not understand, but oh lawd Jeremy Renner was totally swoon worthy. I really liked this. I thought it was kind of slow and confusing at first, but the pace really picked up. The ending did kind of throw me off (so abrupt!) and some of the action sequences gave me motion sickness haha.

alpaca

Registered
Reaction score
I think the last I saw was Battleship at the dollar theatre. The film had enough action that it wasn't boring, but everything was all tied up too neatly at the end to be realistic. Also, aliens.

Max G

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maxgpublishing.com
Watched Total Recall. I thought it was great for the action sequences. But it really bothered my husband because it departed so much from the original and the CG was off (the metal on the buildings was dry even though it was raining). However, I never saw the original and I don't work in CG so I don't notice all the details. I just liked it for the action sequences.

Also recently saw The Bourne Legacy. Overall a good movie. I rolled my eyes at the way Larx went down. But, oh well. I did really enjoy the ending. Much more realistic I thought.

Then yesterday we watched The Campaign. I really thought it was going to be one of those movies where the best scenes were in the trailers, but I was oh so wrong. We laughed the entire way through the movie. It was so irreverent yet so timely. I want to compare it to Idiocracy for some reason. Yet loads more laughing. Very, very timely and amazingly true to life, though. Hilarious.

Lidiya

Skimming galaxies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.themacaw.wordpress.com
I watched The Hangover yesterday. It was awesome! I'm using my cousin's laptop and she has like an STORE of movies on it...thinking of watching something funny again today, to balance out the low mood in my novel.