Press for introspective, philosophical essays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theorange

Rebellious philosopher
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.siftingtothetruth.com
Any recommendations for presses which might be interested in a book of pretty densely-textured essays/meditations on self, philosophy, and psychology? Thanks.

MisterMJH

Registered
Reaction score
I too would like to know this. I've had a soft spot for essays since college but I'm under the impression that only academics and the rare novelist-philosopher are considered for publication.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I'm thinking if the essays and such were previously published in a literary journal somewhere, and were popularly received, it might be.possible to find a literary press interested in a collected works sort of thing, but just to approach a publisher as an unknown, unpublished author of essays, well, good luck with that.

In that case, self-publishing might be the route to go.

Zenning

Brewing My Knucklehead
Registered
Reaction score
I think the book, Ru, is one. It is published, received awards. It contains essays-looking short 'snapshots' of reflections. I'd suggest read this book and see who the agent and publisher is...

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking if the essays and such were previously published in a literary journal somewhere, and were popularly received, it might be.possible to find a literary press interested in a collected works sort of thing, but just to approach a publisher as an unknown, unpublished author of essays, well, good luck with that.

In that case, self-publishing might be the route to go.

Shadow_Ferret is right. The best thing for you would be to have some of your essays published before you try to sell them as a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.