Boardgame: Rum & Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
For those curious as to what my job is, I'm the Publications Director and Head Writer for Cool Mini Or Not. I get to write on all our games and IPs (or find writers to work on them when I'm swamped).

I'm especially proud of this one. I love doing humor when I can, and the semi-whimsical nature of this setting was a challenge. I had to make it funny, but with underlying seriousness. I think it worked, but we'll see what the public says.

Anyway, I don't always post up about our games here, but this one is really good. It's a MOBA style boardgame, if you can imagine such a thing, and it really does feel like you're playing League of Legends or DOTA. Since we have so many boardgamers here, I thought it deserved a plug.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/rum-and-bones

Also, we passed the $100k mark in about 3 hours after launch. Crazy. Everyone is really surprised.

Wasn't sure if I should put this under the Shameless Self Promotion thread, but I figured it's not exactly a book or short story or anything. It's already funded twice over, so this isn't what you'd call a marketing thing. Mostly I'm just proud of this one, and I felt that the boardgamers here would like a look. :)

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that went well. :D

$739,513. Now, to skip town with the loot, in true pirate fashion. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.