Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm just happy to have a semi-regular-irregular game again. And hopefully, we'll get back to our 3.5 D&D game this weekend. My rogue needs to shank stuff!

KarmaPolice

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't going to mention this, but after reading how we seem to have a fair few fans of World of Darkness here, I will...

Okay, this is a shameless plug. I put my hands up. But a targeted plug that doesn't profit me in any direct way. (And no, I'm not one of the admin either). I personally like to think this is more a 'customer review' than anything else...

It's a PbP (play by post) Vampire / Werewolf game which is now getting into it's fourth year. It boasts such things as:

- Around 15 'experienced' players, along with another 15 'casual' players. To my knowledge it's one of the largest PbP one running at the moment.

- It's now reaching it's fourth year - so all the back-breaking boring stuff has now been done.

-A board system that actually works, from a provider who's not in the habit of 'losing' the site.

- A pair of Storytellers who both know their onions and are pretty on the ball.

The reason I mention this is that I know not only are they looking for new players, but also new Storytellers. To be honest, we could *really* do with another Storyteller or two.

I'm mentioning this 'cos I know how hard it is to make a group, then to keep said group running.

Anything else... oh, the link.

http://rhodeislandbynight.darkbb.com/

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
It's great seeing so many other people play tabletop games here. Do any of you guys write your own?

I do not. We have several talented storytellers in our group, and I'm a player only. I don't feel I could verbally tell a story as well as I'd want to.

I do a lot of writing for my character, though, game depending. Storytellers/DMs tend to appreciate the ammo!

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who's into World of Darkness and wants a place to play might consider checking out MUSH. MUSH is an online persistent world, like a MMORPG, but it's all text, no graphics. It's GREAT writing practice, because you have to write out everything your character does, and you're encouraged to do so with descriptive prose.
Necroposting a bit, but I'm just tickled to hear that the old MU*s still exist. I coded and wrote for various MUDs back in the day, late 90s and early 2000s.

Sometimes I think about checking back and seeing if any of them are still up. (And if they are, if any of the zones I wrote are still in use)

Celimlodyn

Registered
Reaction score
Necroposting a bit, but I'm just tickled to hear that the old MU*s still exist. I coded and wrote for various MUDs back in the day, late 90s and early 2000s.

Sometimes I think about checking back and seeing if any of them are still up. (And if they are, if any of the zones I wrote are still in use)

Cool. :)
My mush coplayers and I decided recently that we're more a writing game than a gaming game. ;) Since writing is all we do, being too lazy to bother with much in the way of coding…
There's something exhilarating about not knowing what all the characters in a story are going to do.

Pallandozi

Registered
Reaction score
How do they interact with writing? Well, I've designed several board games (in play test, none yet published). And the book I'm writing includes several mentions of medieval games.

But chiefly roleplaying: being a GM who writes their own campaigns is excellent practice at world building, plotting and writing characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.