Rejectomancy

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Jeez, 95-day R from AE for micro-fiction. I'll think again before subbing there with that kind of wait.

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Blackbird 241 day form R... I'm sorry but how can it take almost a year to read a 2000 word story. Just ridiculous. And at the very least, if you take that long come up with at least a sentence of personal comment. When I set up my magazine...

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the anti-climactic ending to those wait times, Project Deadlight and Marzioli.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Jeez, 95-day R from AE for micro-fiction. I'll think again before subbing there with that kind of wait.

I got an 84-day rejection from them yesterday. At least AE allows simultaneous submissions: the story I sent them I also sent to Lamplight at the same time. Still waiting to hear back from them...

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
lol, I assumed they never responded. At least that's how I reported mine.

Speaking of AE... 62-day R from 'em. But they apologized for the wait, and I did start sim-subbing.

And sorry about the horribly long wait, PD. :Hug2: I agree, can't understand why it takes some markets nearly a year and others only a few days.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I got an 84-day rejection from them yesterday. At least AE allows simultaneous submissions: the story I sent them I also sent to Lamplight at the same time. Still waiting to hear back from them...
I didn't simul-sub it to Lamplight, but I'm in the same boat as you there. Except mine is only 73 days. I fear the worst when a market clams up.

Speaking of AE... 62-day R from 'em. But they apologized for the wait, and I did start sim-subbing.
They've apologized for the wait every time I've subbed. So 50, 48, and now 95. :p

Last edited:

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard yet from Lamplight either, since their email saying their response times might be longer than they originally were. No one has reported any responses to Duotrope either, and since they are a fledgling market, that makes me wonder too.

2 day R from Clarkesworld. Great that they are so quick.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
On Twitter Lamp1ight says their reading period for issue #2 ends Oct. 15 and all rejections and acceptances should go out "around the end of October."

Glad I had to withdraw my story from them!

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
On Twitter Lamp1ight says their reading period for issue #2 ends Oct. 15 and all rejections and acceptances should go out "around the end of October."

Glad I had to withdraw my story from them!
Well look at you, Mr. Fancy "I-sold-it-to-OBH" Pants! ;) Seriously though, thanks for the update. I thought they went all Result Jelly on our behinds!

Last edited:

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, O'Dandelo.

*Thinking I should probably sign up to follow anyone I've subbed to on Twitter.*

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
59-day R from Crossgenres and 11-day Eulogies 2 R.

Edit: And just in case I got confused or deluded, I received a SECOND rejection from Eulogies 2 just now for the same story! :p
Edit 2: I noticed Lamplight is sending out R's for subs sent about 110 days ago.

Last edited:

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
A two-fer-day (same day, different stories) -- 8-day form R from F&SF and 6-day form R from Drabblecast.

Last edited:

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
And another one today -- a nice, personal 9-day R from the associate editor at Shimmer for my flash fiction. At least it got "a lot to like here" and "do consider submitting to us again" remarks.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Got my Shimmer R today too. 13 days. It was from the senior editor, and it was maybe the best rejection I've gotten. A lot of flattering comments, but still an R.

I have to feel really good about this one, though. She asked to see more work and she even mentioned enjoying my story that was published by Innsmouth Free Press!

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
My Shimmer R this month was the first time I didn't make the senior editor. It's a really new story, one I think might be my best and might have changed my beliefs about the universe. The slushie said the themes were thin.

Brynn

Registered
Reaction score
7 day R from CG, 13 day R from Shimmer (busy, aren't they?)

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
My Shimmer R this month was the first time I didn't make the senior editor. It's a really new story, one I think might be my best and might have changed my beliefs about the universe. The slushie said the themes were thin.

Ouch - sorry about that. Just needs to find the right reader, though.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Got my Shimmer R today too. 13 days. It was from the senior editor, and it was maybe the best rejection I've gotten. A lot of flattering comments, but still an R.

I have to feel really good about this one, though. She asked to see more work and she even mentioned enjoying my story that was published by Innsmouth Free Press!

Sweet. That's pretty awesome if you get recognized out of the masses by an editor!

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
13-day form R from Strange Horizons. At least it made it past one of the first readers to one of the fiction editors, so that's something.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs for all the rejections, and all the shimmery rejections! I'm waiting, as always, on some myself.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Personal R from Shock Totem. They said it might be too good for its own good! Not really, it was a form. :D