Facebook - question answered.

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I haven't had a facebook page now for well over a year yet somehow, if I inadvertently click on anyone else's facebook page, my original user name and password are right there.

And today I found another facebook cookie.

Is there any way to prevent this and to be totally rid of them?

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You could block FB cookies. And scripts if you use something like NoScript.

I'm not sure I understand part of your post (about your user name and password). Do you mean your browser automatically offers to fill-in your log-in.

What browser do you use?

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
You told your computer to remember the FB login, now whenever you click on a FB link your computer automatically fills in the login details. Is that what you mean?

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Ah haa! So it wasn't Facebook after all! I just found and deleted the fill in passwords thing.

Thank you.

Seriously, I honestly thought that Facebook was keeping details just because they're Facebook.

Last edited:

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Is it the issue of Facebook or your browser?

If your browser always ask you to save your password and Login id, then you can turn the settings by going into the settings menu of your browser and then deselect the option to keep asking to save password.
If it is the issue of Facebook, then you can simply go in privacy settings and select the options according to your need.