Missing Pages File … PLEASE HELP!!!

LydiaBroderick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a MacBook Air and I use Pages. I was working on a book I am beta reading today, and when I tried to save it, an error message came up. It said that it could not be saved. I tried saving it in a different location, but that didn't work either. When I checked the places I had it saved, it wasn't there. As far as I know, I didn't delete it or move it. I also tried to copy-and-paste the whole thing, but when I try to paste it, it doesn’t work. I've tried using the search in Finder, but it's nowhere to be found. There’s nothing more frustrating than losing files, so if you have any tips or knowledge on the subject, please share it!! I can easily get another copy, but I lost all my comments. I was almost halfway through the novel, and it's rather long. I put a lot of time and effort into it. Please help.

Lydia

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
You might try recovery software, as suggested here. However, unless you had previously saved it with some of the changes, you're probably SOL anyway. I would advise more frequent saving next time, and also saving more than once with a different file name. Once you've done all the work and find out something's wrong, it's usually too late in any operating system. :(

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
To add to what Matera said, please, please, NEVER work on the only copy you have of any file. NEVER EVER do that. It's just begging for big trouble. Always make a copy with a different filename and, preferably, save it it another folder.

caw