PDF trouble...oy vey

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
I'm trying (pretty unsuccessfully) to get my book set up for Ingram Spark. I'm actually close to being done, but this last obstacle may be my undoing.

Ingram Spark prefers the file as PDF/x-1a:2001

After some research, it seems that I need a subscription with Adobe Reader to convert to that. Trouble is I only need to do this once, so I don't want to purchase a subscription (they are a bit spendy).

I can't find any other way to do this...did I miss something? Is it unrealistic to think maybe the library has the subscription? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There may be some work-arounds online, but I suspect your best bet is to find someone with a copy or Acrobat Pro.

Do you have any illustrations, photos, or symbols in what you're trying to submit? If not, it might be possible to get away with using PDF/A.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
Alleycat---face palm! Why didn't I think of that? Thank you. I live in the land of Microsoft and Boeing--I bet I do know someone that has it and would help me out. Thanks!

And yeah, no charts, photos etc, so if I can't find someone to help me out, I will just resubmit it as PDF/A and see what happens.