WriteOnCon online kidlit writers' conference

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I also love the ninja thing. It is very cool. I keep stalking them by clicking on their names when they're listed as watching the boards.

And from the list of people who've looked at their profiles, I'm not the only one.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
It was worse/easier last year when they had a special color for their usernames in the Who's Online. Not that I stalked them or anything ... /innocent.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
want to share this other thing but it's super dark and everyone there is friendly and made of sprinkles/rainbows *crouches in a dark corner of SYW*

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Ach, just put 'Content warning' in your thread title (& people will flock there in droves ;)). I think you can also put an '!' from the Post Icons too, if that'll help people know to be warned.

BBBurke

Along for the ride
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairbburke.com
I just found out about this and signed up. I'm the same over there: BBBurke. I'll try to keep an eye out for y'all's posts.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
want to share this other thing but it's super dark and everyone there is friendly and made of sprinkles/rainbows *crouches in a dark corner of SYW*

Do it! :D Even us who are made of sprinkles and rainbows want super dark thing. Or maybe that's just me.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Ach, just put 'Content warning' in your thread title (& people will flock there in droves ;)). I think you can also put an '!' from the Post Icons too, if that'll help people know to be warned.

Lol, it's so true. People love angsty dark stuff.

Go for it, I'd like to read it :)

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
It's hilarious how openly I share here and I just collapse into a pile of "idk's" when considering posting anywhere else. Thanks for the moral support, bros.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I put up a "dark" thing (one reader said she was immediately thinking of JD from Heathers when she read my piece). Okay, not as dark as yours. But I would totes comment :tongue ;) I love your work!

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I got Ninjaed!

It was hardly a glowing critique...but it did offer some great advice and did say they'd read on.

I'm real excited :)

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Good luck everyone with queries. I don't have anything to query this year, and I'm not sure what my log-in info is. I think I'm under Mclesh there too, but I've got so many different accounts/usernames/passwords, it's ridiculous.

WriteOnCon is great, even if you're reading the transcripts after the fact. You can make some good contacts. Several of the agents said things like, "Send me your paranormal query and mention this conference." Some of the agents who weren't usually open to queries were making special allowances for conference attendees.

I did get a full request from one of the agents, so it does work. :)

EmilyBrooke

Queen of Gallifrey
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I signed up over there as EmilyBrooke. I have yet to post anything, but I'll be looking forward to reading everyone's first few pages and queries! Hopefully, even though I can't be around too much, I'll also be able to leave some critiques. :)

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, got ninjaed :D anyone know what times the agents are usually around? Do they ninja all throughout the conference, or just on certain days? o_O

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
They ninja all through the contest. Kinda like Santa. Except he's only good for one day.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
In fact, there are four Ninjas getting their ninja on right now. ;) *is still not a stalker. Nope. Not at all*

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, can we start a list of everybody's username on there? Somehow? Somewhere?

Like I'm Rachelwritesthings on there (because my blog name is that). I use Smiley when I want to be anon. Or not so anon, since uh I just announced my name on here o_O

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to hunt you all down to offer crits, but it takes a long time to find you. :)

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
That's so nice of you :) BTW, guys, I'm so glad you saw improvement in my pages. (I love them too.)

Krissy Reynolds

Once Upon A Dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just Krissy on there :)

My ninja-stalking is not normal, haha. I'm trying to figure out their tastes. For instance, Ninja Agent Cupcake has read three ghost stories in the last 15 minutes...yeah. I'm a bit bored and really want to be ninja-ed, even if they tell me I suck, ahah

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we can start a list and Netz can add it to the first post so it's always easy to find. I know people have posted their names so far, but it's hard to keep it organized.

So far I've got (and some of you I couldn't find--maybe you haven't posted yet?):

AW Name-WriteOn Name
Becca C-rachristiansen
BBBurke-BBBurke
JSSchley-JSSchley
KateSmash-Kateh
Kayley-KayleyFC
Kewii-KellyN
Krissy Reynolds-Krissy
Llayth-RobinKMoran
maybegenius-maybe_genius
missesdash-missesdash
Netz-Netz