The Old Neverending PublishAmerica Thread (Publish America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
Alphabeter said:
All of the noted Amazon reviews have been removed.
Good! I also noticed the other thread is closed and I am glad about that. In my opinion he needs no more attention from us...and with that, I'm off to take a nap...too many brownies:)

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
Christine N. said:
It's getting ugly over on the "books that accept self-pubbed authors" thread. Jean Marie is like a rabid bulldog. She's outed Sparhawk.

Craziness going on over there.
Dang and I was on my way to take a nap. Way to go Sparhawk...give them heck. It won't last long but I saved your post:) Ask Jean Marie how she justifies Pa's lying, you know with being a Christian and all? I'm curious....really got to take a nap!:sleepy:

BeeBomb

Registered
Reaction score
T42...oops. Sorry Victoria! I best delay my posts till this dummy can figure out what's what...who's saying what and to whom. Adios for now...I'll keep reading.

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
BeeBomb said:
T42...oops. Sorry Victoria! I best delay my posts till this dummy can figure out what's what...who's saying what and to whom. Adios for now...I'll keep reading.
Bee you are not a dummy! I talk weird. No one can understand my post:Shrug: And what's this I see...Jean Marie and Sparhawk kissed an made up? Say it isn't so....:popcorn::) Now really I'm off and I'm leaving too:hi:

Last edited:

Sparhawk

Jenna's Cabana Boy
Registered
Reaction score
Really? Hmm, how intersting. I wish I could see it. I can't get into the PA boards from my office. Perhaps someone would be so kind as to post a link here so I can check it out. Links work but I cant get directly into the authors board.

I don't personally recall slandering Jean Marie or any other PA author here. Oh well, I stand by what I said. If I can't get a link I guess I'll have to wait til I get home, unless I'm already banned by then.

Can anyone give me the play-by-play ??

Patricia

California Dreaming
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com

KellyS.

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know many people don't have much computer experience. I came across a site a long time ago that has some very good information. I have found some things there that I would have never thought to use.

www.worldstart.com

I receive their free comptips emails. There are some really useful tips along with some cool stuff. Very helpful and interesting site.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Sparhawk said:
I don't personally recall slandering Jean Marie or any other PA author here. Oh well, I stand by what I said. If I can't get a link I guess I'll have to wait til I get home, unless I'm already banned by then.

After seeing the linkie, I have to ask...
Are you a Bester fan? :D

HConn

Whore for genre
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.harryjconnolly.com
Responding to something in the PA thread Ann linked to:

When I buy a book, regardless of what state I'm in, I too read the blurb, don't pay much attention to the publisher.

That's because the bookstores only stock books from publishers who take care with the books they publish.

If I walked into a Borders, saw the cover of Atlanta Nights, read the blurbs and bought it, I'd be ticked off. I'd gripe out the manager and not come back.

It's not a question of readers checking out the publisher. The bookstores do that for us, so they know they're selling worthwhile books.

That's not to say that all legitimately published books are good or that all PA books are bad. What it means is that legit publishers *try* to put out good books, and PA doesn't care about the quality of their books (need I mention Atlanta Nights again?).

Readers don't care about the publisher because the stores take care of that for them.

Sparhawk

Jenna's Cabana Boy
Registered
Reaction score
Oh... That

Yeah,

That thread, I was wrong, I did not behave like a gentleman. I had just recieved some bad new concerning my three year old daughter and her autism. I wasn't in too good a mood when I made a certain reply in that thread. I singled out JeanMarie and I shouldn't have.

I did apologize to her because I was wrong. OF course, that thread was deleted.. God only knows why??

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I did apologize to her because I was wrong. OF course, that thread was deleted.. God only knows why??

Is your password still working? That seems to be a postrequisite of having a thread deleted.

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
reph said:
I hope nobody imagines that non-Christians look kindly on lying, either.
Panic Mode:eek:

Good Lord. I thought I had been banned while I was sleeping. Talk about begging….:Hail: and it wasn’t for green squares either. I can see it now, if I do ever get banned, I’ll have to be scraped off the ceiling.

Now, to the point, reph I would never think that. I only suggested this as I have a couple of times because she makes reference to her beliefs all the time so I was and am curious how she justifies Pa’s actions in her mind as a Christian. Grace, and I agree, they can be. We all can…:)

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
Sparhawk said:
I had just recieved some bad new concerning my three year old daughter and her autism.
Sparhawk, I am sorry about your bad news...I hope that you know that we all love you and send you big hugs and kisses.. :Hug2: :kiss:

Ed Williams

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ed-williams.com
Couple of things...

Ann said:
Ed, did you or someone else get confirmation from a trusted source that the letter is authentic?
Ann, I got it from three different sources, two sources that I trust and one person that I didn't know from Adam. I know Jenna had a copy, and maybe some others here did as well, I don't know. The two sources I trust feel like it's the real deal, and to me it sounds like something Shemp would write. In the end, though, no one truly 100% knows. And really, if you think about it, what difference does it make other than it's bizarrely interesting? We all already knew what Shemp was (man, it's good to write that in the past tense), we know what PA is, and all any of this does is underscore it. Really, if the truth be told, Shemp is a never-was who is now a has-been. Let's let his miserable *** RIP.

One thing that's certain, though, it's almost the end of the normal business day over here on the East Coast, and our friends at PA have not yet disavowed last weekend's scam. I think that should tell anyone reading this all they need to know.

I'm glad my "itches" are attracting so much attention! Where was all of this when I was 20?

Dean Vernon Wormer:
The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
KimJo said:
I apologize for offending anyone by saying I was "addicted" to this thread. It was a poor choice of words.
KimJo, I don't think you should apologize for being addicted to something good:) I think I'm a bit addicted myself...
And Ed...where did you get all those green squares? Have you been in the back room again? While we are on the subject, does anyone know how long it takes to get rid of a red square? That thing is making me nervous:eek: All I ever see is red now....I've begged for green squares and you all have been so kind but it's still there:Hail: Oh and I have to go to Austin for the weekend so could I leave you or Sheri in charge of begging in my behalf?:kiss:

lindylou45

The Stooge Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Susan Gable said:
So, there's something amiss or you're misinterpretting the letter you got from RWA. Check out www.rwanational.org for the full scoop, because your information is incorrect.

Susan G.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Susan,

The letter I received is from the Kansas City chapter of the RWA and reads:

Dear Ms. Roberts:

Thank you for your interest in membership with the Kansas City chapter of RWA. At this time we must deny your membership due to your publisher, PublishAmerica. PublishAmerica is a vanity press and, as such, is not recognized by RWA.

Please feel free to reapply for membership with our chapter when you have been published by one of RWA's recognized publishers. I have enclosed a list for your convenience.

Good luck with your writing career.

Sincerely,

Christine Taylor Butler
Second Vice President,
Kansas City Chapter
Romance Writers of America

Perhaps she thought I was trying to apply as a professional writer, but that is the letter I received on February 20, 2004.

Last edited:

lindylou45

The Stooge Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
James D. Macdonald said:
Linda and Tarra, I hope that you consider joining RWA. They're a good group with a weath of information and resources for writers.

I'll definitely look into it again. I'll call the K C chapter today and see what happened.

Thanks, Susan and Jim.

Patricia

California Dreaming
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Ed Williams said:
Ann, I got it from three different sources, two sources that I trust and one person that I didn't know from Adam. I know Jenna had a copy, and maybe some others here did as well, I don't know. The two sources I trust feel like it's the real deal, and to me it sounds like something Shemp would write. In the end, though, no one truly 100% knows. And really, if you think about it, what difference does it make other than it's bizarrely interesting? We all already knew what Shemp was (man, it's good to write that in the past tense), we know what PA is, and all any of this does is underscore it. Really, if the truth be told, Shemp is a never-was who is now a has-been. Let's let his miserable *** RIP.

Thanks for the input Ed. Appreciated.

Ed Williams said:
I'm glad my "itches" are attracting so much attention! Where was all of this when I was 20?

MAYBE your "itches" weren't as loud when you were 20! :Shrug:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hey guys,

I have to sign off for the rest of the day because I have a book due to my editor at Simon & Schuster TOMORROW (egads, where does the time go?). If you catch me here again, tell me to get the heck off the boards and get back to work!

Meanwhile, I wanted to say a few things:

1. Please stay reasonably on-topic. General chit-chat doesn't belong in this thread. New people will get completely lost if it's full of talk about brownies and ponies. Please take that kind of talk over to the Office Party board.

2. Please don't single out any PA authors in a negative way. If you want to quote something so you can correct a misperception, that's fine, but please don't question someone's religion, identity, etc. It really has nothing to do with what we're trying to accomplish here and it only serves to alienate people.

3. The idiot Amazon slammer guy posted hit-and-runs here a few times and Victoria and I banned him each time. I have his IP address; if anyone at Mindsight wants to compare with identities there, I'm all for it. It doesn't match anyone who's actually a regular member here, and the Amazon slammer is NOT welcome here.

4. I got a note from Amazon telling me they'd taken down his latest "reviews." I asked them to please investigate and ban this person from posting in the future, but I don't know if they can/will do that.

5. My partner tells me the boards will be down for about 15 minutes soon. I don't know why, but I assume it's server upgrading.

Carry on. I'll be back tomorrow. Kick me if I return before then!

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
Thank you for your post Jenna. I apologize about the talk. I didn't know we had a special place to do that. Have a good night and don't work too hard:)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Wait, one more thing-- a nice summary from Argile Stox (http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/mar/article422.html) of last weekend's events:

"Daily Real-Life Soap Operas may amuse you. However, when eleven million individuals a month – who regularly view a Message Board, are held emotionally captive for three days, during a family holiday…. Something must be done to prevent these detestable individuals from infecting forums in which they co-mingle with others. The entire event was not a victimless crime."

Status
Not open for further replies.