Status
Not open for further replies.

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
Jim Hines is calling for guest posts about personal experiences with representation in media:

http://jimhines.livejournal.com/717967.html

He has quite a wide readership in the SFF community.

Posting this here because I had to pick a room, but it's open to any marginalized experience with media, whether to do with sex, race, gender identity, orientation, ethnicity, etc..

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Jim Hines is calling for guest posts about personal experiences with representation in media:

http://jimhines.livejournal.com/717967.html

He has quite a wide readership in the SFF community.

Posting this here because I had to pick a room, but it's open to any marginalized experience with media, whether to do with sex, race, gender identity, orientation, ethnicity, etc..

For those of you not familiar with Jim, he's a long time member of AW (as jchines) Although he doesn't post much anymore, he does check in from time to time.

He is a long time supporter of the LGBT community, and has a strong platform. And has a well deserved reputation as a pretty terrific all-around guy.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Thanks for posting that link!

Yeah, I used to be a lot more active around here. Then I had kids...

I've gotten a lot of great responses to the open call so far, but I've still got one or two spots I haven't filled yet.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I for one would LOVE to send you something, but I have no idea what I'd say. And I'm not a real-live published author yet. I was sort of assuming that's what you wanted.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Being a published author wasn't a requirement, though the real-live part was preferred. (Yes, I'm discriminating against zombies.)

At this point though, I've got a full lineup of guest bloggers.

In the future, please don't hesitate to email me and ask if there's any confusion about what I'm looking for! :)

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
Oh, come on, Jim... a zombie guest blogger could be fun! At least with everything done electronically, you wouldn't have to worry about body parts dripping on the submission...

Status
Not open for further replies.