Who's sold?! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.London

Lover of words, coffee and the HEA
Registered
Reaction score
I've posted this in a different section of the forums, but didn't realise there was a romance specific sale thread.

I recently signed a contract with Entangled for a novella to be released with their new Lovestruck line, very excited to be working with them!

MAS

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Ms. London! Looks like that's not your only sale, either. So happy for you!

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
After a long dry spell, I finally finished and subbed a menage to Siren, and they accepted it! I'm not sure if Siren has a F/M/M category (one chick, two guys, she's in charge) so it might get classed as M/F/M. Guess we'll find out.

For the record, I sent it on Thursday evening and just got the email. Siren has some of the quickest response times around.

Jules Court

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julescourt.com
Congrats, Pterofan! I'm with Siren-Bookstrand too, but I'm published under the Bookstrand Mainstream Romance line. It's my first and it just hit the Bookstrand website last week, but feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Pterofan I'll bet if you ask them they'll put FMM unless they don't think it would be good for sales, but if they thought that they probably wouldn't have acquired it. Interesting that you did something different. :)

It's early days, so I maybe I shouldn't announce properly yet, but I'm happy, so I'll just say an editor at a good publisher said she likes my book and is applying for a contract for it. :)

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I didn't even know FMM was a category until somebody mentioned it in another thread. Since then I've seen it at other publishers, but not at Siren. The plot has her buying a pair of "pets" at a slave market, so she should come first as the dominant partner. I told them in the cover letter MFM would be okay.

Congrats in advance on your mystery project!

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Update for anyone considering Siren for menage: I'm on the calendar already and they have the book listed as MMF. There is a bit of MM, which I mentioned in the cover letter, and I'm sure MMF sells well for them (probably better than FMM), so I'm not going to argue the point. I'll go with whatever entices readers.

Siren does have a FMMM+ category.

So, what do readers think of the woman being the dominant partner in a menage? Maybe I (or somebody) should start that as a thread for discussion.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I just signed with Samhain Publishing for a paranormal erotic were-lion menage romance to be released in March. :)
This was my first time submitting direct to an editor, and at first she said she had a queue of submissions and would get back to me in a few weeks, but then she got back to me in only 11 days, which was very nice.

And yes, they were fine about changing that metadata clause people have been worried about. I mean they were willing to change the contract to define what they meant by meta data (cover, blurb, tagline) rather than leave it vague.

Last edited:

DexyDoo

I typed "semen" how many times???
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all!

I just sold an erotic contemporary m/f to Evernight Publishing.

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all and a WOOT! to you, Lucy. What great news.

Since last spring:
Time travel romance to Sheaf House
3 contemporary romances including 2 reissues to Desert Breeze

I'm agented but I found all these deals myself.

Up until recently I have only been querying agents and didn't even look at directly submitting to publishers. One thing at a time and all. I've seen too many comments like this about people with agents having to get their own deals, or not having much done for them. You think that when you get an agent life is going to be so much easier, and you're on your way. But that isn't necessarily so.

This is an excellent and encouraging thread! Thanks everyone who has posted to it.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I've sold a couple of short things over the last couple of weeks. One an m/m contemporary short to Dreamspinner Press for an anthology and the other is my first ever f/f story, which has just been bought by JMS Books.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I've sold a couple of short things over the last couple of weeks. One an m/m contemporary short to Dreamspinner Press for an anthology and the other is my first ever f/f story, which has just been bought by JMS Books.
Congrats Becky!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everybody! Great to hear about the sales. I haven't got anything to submit at the moment, working on my contracted novels until Feb. 2015. BUT my debut novel, published by Carina Press on 2nd June, 2014, just had its worldwide English audio and library rights bought by a fantastic audio publisher, Tantor Media! I haven't got a date yet for the audio book but my name is up there on their site alongside some of my author idols!

Having my book acquired for audio is a first for me--and so is getting an advance! Pleased as punch.

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
Can I brag even though I have the New Fish label?

In the past year, I've gotten yeses on one short story with a Circlet, two yeses on two separate short stories that will be coming out through Cleis--I've signed on one but not yet on the other--and recently signed on a quickie with Ellora's Cave. I know they're out of favor at the moment, but I'm hoping to find that they've gotten things straightened out.

::fingers crossed::

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
You can change your subnic if you want Evolving.
Wow that's great news, congrats on being so prolific!

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everybody! Great to hear about the sales. I haven't got anything to submit at the moment, working on my contracted novels until Feb. 2015. BUT my debut novel, published by Carina Press on 2nd June, 2014, just had its worldwide English audio and library rights bought by a fantastic audio publisher, Tantor Media! I haven't got a date yet for the audio book but my name is up there on their site alongside some of my author idols!

Having my book acquired for audio is a first for me--and so is getting an advance! Pleased as punch.
Congrats! That's awesome, Elise!

malamute

Registered
Reaction score
Can I brag even though I have the New Fish label?

In the past year, I've gotten yeses on one short story with a Circlet, two yeses on two separate short stories that will be coming out through Cleis--I've signed on one but not yet on the other--and recently signed on a quickie with Ellora's Cave. I know they're out of favor at the moment, but I'm hoping to find that they've gotten things straightened out.

::fingers crossed::

Ditto I'm a newbie too so hope I can add some news.

Have 15 erotic romance novels with Fanny Press, next one out 1st October

One contemporary romance novel with Coffeetime Press.

Five paranormal erotic romance with Passion in Print, next one out September

Currently writing another paranormal and have two psychological thrillers sitting on the shelf along with a short story. Can't make up my mind about them.

Last edited:

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I remember going through every page of this thread when I first joined. It was so encouraging. Now I get to participate!

I am officially a Wild Rose Press author.

Status
Not open for further replies.