Captain Power's Party Dirigible (complete with disco pool!)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Cap'n, can this thing do a few loopdeloops???

I just got my SECOND full request for Agatha!!!

*squee*

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray for Judy! Hooray for Sage! Hooray for timp! Strawberry champagne cupcakes for everyone! (But no loopdeloops, please.)

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome news, MsJudy!!! :banana::banana::banana: You'll be published in no time!!! :PartySmil

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Judy. I know I'm new here and all but I know with all my heart your story will be published and I can't wait to read it.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everybody. I've never had 2 fulls out at the same time, or two positive responses so close together, so I'm feeling muy hopeful. Plus I had a crappy meeting afterschool yesterday (one of my co-teachers called me a liar in front of the principal, and then had the balls to say, I just really want to support you with your combo class), so I was in need of some good news.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Someone called you a liar? The kidlit gang can help with that, you know. :box:

ColoradoKate

Registered
Reaction score
Cap'n, can this thing do a few loopdeloops???

I just got my SECOND full request for Agatha!!!

*squee*

Woo hoo! Another frabjous day... :D Best of luck with it...

And some co-teacher! I hope the principal is wise to him/her.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, smish. I sure wish you could smack her upside the head for me...

And thanks, Kate. The other teacher has had issues with people in the past, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe. It just pissed me off, and now I have to pretend to be nice to her for the rest of the year...

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
You're a much nicer person than me, MsJudy.

I'd confront her and let her know that she may have had good intentions (helping you out) but that the way she went about it hurt your feelings, or could have been done in a more constructive way.

She sounds like the type that hurts people and then tries to soften it with a "bless your heart."

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
You're a much nicer person than me, MsJudy.

I'd confront her and let her know that she may have had good intentions (helping you out) but that the way she went about it hurt your feelings, or could have been done in a more constructive way.

She sounds like the type that hurts people and then tries to soften it with a "bless your heart."

Yeah, confronting her only makes things worse. She's one of those people who is never wrong and never apologizes. I've been using the avoidance technique for most of a year now. She turned that into a problem, too, so now I have to meet with her once a month and let her "help" me. To prove that I'm a good team player.

Yippee.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, confronting her only makes things worse. She's one of those people who is never wrong and never apologizes. I've been using the avoidance technique for most of a year now. She turned that into a problem, too, so now I have to meet with her once a month and let her "help" me. To prove that I'm a good team player.

Yippee.

Make her a character in your next novel. Exaggerate her every annoying habit. It's very cathartic. I did this with someone I hate dealing with, and it almost made me enjoy our interactions, hoping she'd do something outrageous that I could use.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Make her a character in your next novel. Exaggerate her every annoying habit. It's very cathartic. I did this with someone I hate dealing with, and it almost made me enjoy our interactions, hoping she'd do something outrageous that I could use.

Ha! That's exactly what I've been thinking! I'm currently building a cast of villains, and she certainly plays a role in the process. The one who says she's only trying to be helpful, and then sabotages things...

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I wish we had trick or treaters at our house - but we live out on a lonely highway in the middle of nowhere.

sniff

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween, everyone! There's plenty of candy around, too. :)

halloween-party-food-ideas-141.jpg

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the mood for carrots, actually. So, mmmmmmmm.

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
Carrots! My favorite! When I was a kid, I ate so many carrots that my nails started to turn orange. If my mom hadn't made me stop, I probably could have gotten my skin to turn orange. Maybe I'll try again today, just for Halloween.