Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Got another rejection from Random House - I sent to the romance genre this time.

"While the premise is instantly enticing, I found the storyline too niche for the line."

Oh well, on to the next... :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I love my cover artist, she has a magic touch with this stuff ;)

Shadow's Rising in the free prequel, and he does look mysterious and hot, doesn't he?!!! Lol

itsaplane

all the feels, ALL OF THEM
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll get it next time PD!
And also, Kewii, giant bone crushing hugs!! :-( I thought about teaching English in Kuwait at one point. Things will work out!

Also, does anyone ever have a hard time ending a book? Finally on my last 10k on my WIP and I don't know how to end it. Maybe it'll just write itself. It's only the first draft anyway.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
itsaplane, wish i could help you there, but i usually know how my novel ends either when I first start writing it or at the halfway mark. my biggest struggle is from the half-way to the 3/4 marks. go figure.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll get it next time PD!
And also, Kewii, giant bone crushing hugs!! :-( I thought about teaching English in Kuwait at one point. Things will work out!

Also, does anyone ever have a hard time ending a book? Finally on my last 10k on my WIP and I don't know how to end it. Maybe it'll just write itself. It's only the first draft anyway.

Oh, if not, my books are coming out this year either way ;) It's just that prestigous golden acceptance ticket with the words 'Random House' on it. Lol

And yes, I have trouble ending books from time to time.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Waving hand in air as another who muddles in the middle. I am there right now and toying with the idea of setting this WIP aside to do another rewrite on another.

Although, truth be told, I struggle with all parts in some way or another. Beginning, middle and end all have their issues.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys!

Sage: I'll start reading TM as soon as possible.

Speaking of editing, I'm hoping to start editing my short story at some point today.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Sage, hope you finished your revisions. :D I'm just about done with mine. Crazy that I could possibly send this R&R back next week (or the week after, depending if I get any more notes from a final reader). CRAZY!!!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Sage, hope you finished your revisions. :D I'm just about done with mine. Crazy that I could possibly I am going to be sending this R&R back next week (or the week after, depending if I get any more notes from a final reader). CRAZY!!!

thought i'd just fix that for you. :D

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
It is the middle of a book that gums you up, right? I always have an idea about the beginning, then a killer ending, then? Thumb twiddling time. It's like a writing sandwich, hold the ingredients.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
JS! Gah! And LOL! For once I'm speechless (much to everyone's delight, I'm sure).

Okay, now I realize how prophetic JS's thunderblast is. I AM in Kansas and AM old and stuck in writing YA books (but I actually like the last item. Not so much a fan of the first two). Um, not so speechless after all. Gonna go navel-gaze for a while.

Last edited:

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy:
:D
:hooray:

Except for re-titling my chapters (the numbering's a little screw-y).....I am DONE with this R&R/novel.

Holy unicorns.

o_O

This means I have to hand it in.

Will you guys hold my hand??

Status
Not open for further replies.