Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
the head of the department who happens to be my academic adviser and who also happens to be my professors best friend.

Can you get a new advisor? Because I think at this point you might want to start there.

And if you're having these kind of issues, often student government has services set up to deal with it.

Though, honestly, if he's tenured and friends with the dept head, there is nothing you're going to really be able to do absent some sort of class you can take in place of that one.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Mars need Moms too, I'm assuming?

That's sweet though. Its a cute movie too. Although *cough* I'd never saw it *cough*

Yeah kids are a handful. I was always good with kids (i love kids!) when like my little cousins would come over to visit, but then left alone to babysit... oh man that is a completely different thing! And teaching kids, well that's just hard as hell. (I used to work at a after-school program)

My nephews along ages (almost)4 and 2 and a half are such a handful and a half. But those two should really go on super nanny because they don't behave at all. My problem is they are just so damn cute I cant yell at them! Although apparently as there parents say I'm the "baby whisperer" and can get them to calm down when they are going really crazy. Babies are easier to deal with then older kids.

Older then 6 give me a problem. Then i want to pull my hair out. They just never sit still. I had to babysit two really sweet girls ages 7 and 9 and OMG i wanted to drug them with benadryl every morning. I'm not a morning person in the least, and they were so freaking awake and perky!!!! Worst part is, older kids dont have to take naps! I wanted to cry when i found that out. So every day i made it my mission to get them so tired by the middle of the day that they would pass out. This includes taking them to parks and museums but all it did was make me more exhausted then ever before.

Point of this long post is, dont worry Abs! I'm sure your wonderful with kids, every parent and babysitter has to go through the same mishaps with kids.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Ally, I'm sorry you're still having difficulty.
I'm about out of ideas for you.

Abs, you're being asked to watch too many of them all at once. Real life parenting doesn't work like that.

Don't sell yourself short just bcs your rels are using you as the free babysitter.

:)

Agreed.

Abs don't be afraid to tell those parents where they can stick their beautiful children. Srsly.

If you're still watching kids tomorrow, give them some finger paints w/nothing but each other as canvas.

Do it wrong the first time and no one will ask again.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
eh, it was mostly just a cluster F of us trying to figure out some photo posting code. :D

Sounds like you deserve it.

Thanks Soapy. It was amazing! This hotel has those massaging shower heads. *puts on shopping list*

I needed a tutorial, Abs.

Kids are not easy, but they have some sweet qualities, too. Tonight my boys were swearing to me how they'd totally rescue me if I got kidnapped by martians.

That is so cute! :D Awwwwww <3

Dylan told me my boobies were better than his mommy's boobies (he's 3). I take that as a compliment.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Can you get a new advisor? Because I think at this point you might want to start there.

And if you're having these kind of issues, often student government has services set up to deal with it.

Though, honestly, if he's tenured and friends with the dept head, there is nothing you're going to really be able to do absent some sort of class you can take in place of that one.

I'm tried getting a new adviser but the only other one i could get would be my professor! hahaha.

I've been as far up as the Dean of the school complaining about all of this. She seems willing to finally help, if my adviser lets her.

But no he has tenure, and that's why he no longer teachers any classes and feels he can treat students like me, like they are idiots. Even called me one once! I really dont know what other options i have so right now i'm just going with the flow.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ally, I'm sorry you're still having difficulty.
I'm about out of ideas for you.

Agreed.

Abs don't be afraid to tell those parents where they can stick their beautiful children. Srsly.

If you're still watching kids tomorrow, give them some finger paints w/nothing but each other as canvas.

No worries. We had a blizzard that dropped over a foot of snow. Most of my day today was putting snow pants/gear on the kids and sending them out. They'd stay out for 10 minutes, come in and throw the gear everywhere so i'd ahve to hunt for it, dry it and organize whose was whose. Then after that they'd want to go out again. Tomorrow they'll be in dress clothes for the wake. Their parents will have them since I'll be reading during the service.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Abby, of course we know. Here, step over by this nice little fire we built for you.

There, there, dear. We know how much you've missed us, and the Interwebz, and us.

Here, just a little closer to the fire. Is it warm? Of course it is. Lather on this cream. I know it might smell of garlic, but really, it's good for the skin. Lathered up nicely, yes. Now, just a little closer to the fire...

Yes, that will do. Now hold still unless someone comes up and turns you periodically.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Abs, for you:

demotivational-posters-this-is-outrageous.jpg

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been as far up as the Dean of the school complaining about all of this. She seems willing to finally help, if my adviser lets her.

Well, this is why I suggested seeing what resources student gov has, because they are outside the hierarchy.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else you do.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Soapy. It was amazing! This hotel has those massaging shower heads. *puts on shopping list*

That is so cute! :D Awwwwww <3

Dylan told me my boobies were better than his mommy's boobies (he's 3). I take that as a compliment.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!

Yeah my nephew (they are actually my boyfriends nephews but they have always called me Aunt Ally) Zack (almost 4) told his mom that he was leaving with me one day. She laughed and was like "Why" his response. "I like her more then you"

Oh his mom soooooooo did not like that.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well, this is why I suggested seeing what resources student gov has, because they are outside the hierarchy.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else you do.

This is going to sound really stupid, but I dont think my school has a student government. If so i've never seen them. I'll look into it, Thank you!

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com

Abby we live in the same world lol. My sis, single mom very, very, VERY long story involving a possum, always has me watch her kids. Joey-7, Viv-6, and Kallie-4. They are sweet to look at but I feel ya with Dora. Kallie is obessed. I mean she needs addiction help lol. Persoanlly, I want to buy Dora a longer shirt and slap her.

This was good advice. I may have to try next time the sis comes a callin...

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Abby, of course we know. Here, step over by this nice little fire we built for you.

There, there, dear. We know how much you've missed us, and the Interwebz, and us.

Here, just a little closer to the fire. Is it warm? Of course it is. Lather on this cream. I know it might smell of garlic, but really, it's good for the skin. Lathered up nicely, yes. Now, just a little closer to the fire...

Yes, that will do. Now hold still unless someone comes up and turns you periodically.

You'd really eat me? ME? :e2cry:

I want to know why a 3 yr old is evaluating them in the first place.

:Wha:

*sigh* The night before he said that I had to look at photos of his dad passing out drunk and his wife (Dylan's mom) pulling down his pants and launching bottle rockets out of his ass crack. Seriously. I need to get away from these people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!

Yeah my nephew (they are actually my boyfriends nephews but they have always called me Aunt Ally) Zack (almost 4) told his mom that he was leaving with me one day. She laughed and was like "Why" his response. "I like her more then you"

Oh his mom soooooooo did not like that.

Awww! That's so cute. :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'd really eat me? ME? :e2cry:

You say that like you've never been....

You know what? Let's just move on.

:D

*sigh* The night before he said that I had to look at photos of his dad passing out drunk and his wife (Dylan's mom) pulling down his pants and launching bottle rockets out of his ass crack. Seriously. I need to get away from these people.

Oh.

THOSE kind of people.

:eek:

Yes, run away Abs. Run away!!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is going to sound really stupid, but I dont think my school has a student government. If so i've never seen them. I'll look into it, Thank you!

I would be surprised if they did not. They are rather a staple of most universities. Even the small ones.

And they might have suggestions and resources for you.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.