Status
Not open for further replies.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
My favorite example of Rickman's magic is the Kevin Costner Robin Hood. That is a movie with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. But I went to see it in the theater THREE times. Yes, I spent money, repeatedly, to see it. Why? Rickman. He was the real King of Thieves: he stole that movie while Costner was banging his accent coach (or whatever he was doing, because he certainly wasn't learning the accent).

I can't think of a movie he wasn't terrific in. And everything I've heard and read says he's just a darling in real life.

Ok. Some of us love that movie. Rickman, yes, he is the biggest reason to love it, but I also loved Maid Marian. I love Mary Elizabeth Masterantonio. She was so feminine and delicate and smart. And she kicked Kevin Costner in the balls but then she had good chemistry with him. I thought Christian Slater was very good. I liked the part with the witch.

Oh my God!!! This is so true! I never thought about it like that. I do know that I played it for a whole twenty minutes before I went, "Meh," and went back to killing Harkonnen and digging for Spice.

Give me mindless violence and RTS any day!

Wait. There are video games where you play like you are in Frank whatshisnames Dune?

Fuzzybutt.

Not my fault someone gave me a cheat code where I can get all the money I want on it. I now have a 2 floor mansion with 6 bedrooms and all the fanciest crap they have. :D

Hey Cantina! Want to see a pic of Gary crossing his eyes and looking like a doof?!

I don't like video games, but I could get all over this one. A mansion and fancy crap? That is right up my alley. I play something similar where I find a house in Savannah GA for sale, that has lots of pictures, and then find pictures on the internet (or the ones I have already found) and I imagine how to decorate it. Yes. This is a thing I do.

And yes to the 2nd.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Wait. There are video games where you play like you are in Frank whatshisnames Dune?

I... I... I... *tries to comprehend comment*

How can you not have come across the Dune games? The first was okay, but the second - literally - created a new gaming genre. It is one of the most important of the 90s games. It's practically essential knowledge.

I don't like video games, but I could get all over this one.

You need to brush up on Gaming 101. Even if you don't play, there are many brilliant stories to uncover in the history of computer games.

Yes please, to both!

:evil

You know how Abby is with technology right? We don't want her uploading the wrong images. This is, after all, a family forum...

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I say...make him in The Sims and then give him a really stupid outfit.

Maybe I should change my avatar sometime to plant-sim Lily with her vampire-sim girlfriend? XD

Anyway, I must be off. Happy new year to all!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
You know how Abby is with technology right? We don't want her uploading the wrong images. This is, after all, a family forum...

Well, that is slightly TMI, but I'm feeling naughty tonight and really don't care. ;)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com

You asked for this, love.

IRHandsum_zpsee74ec2f.png

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I... I... I... *tries to comprehend comment*

How can you not have come across the Dune games? The first was okay, but the second - literally - created a new gaming genre. It is one of the most important of the 90s games. It's practically essential knowledge.

Is it an RTS?

If so, then that's exactly why I would have never heard of them. :D

I don't like video games, but I could get all over this one.
You need to brush up on Gaming 101. Even if you don't play, there are many brilliant stories to uncover in the history of computer games.

Or just watch Let's Plays. I know I wouldn't experience the brilliant plots of survival horror games like Parasite Eve, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil* without them.

* In this case, "brilliant" may not be the right word, given the range between "Itchy. Tasty." and Steve Burnside. :D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Dune 2000 is why I am so addicted to RTS's. Every computer I've ever owned, I've always maintained a copy of that game on it. That, and Dungeon Keeper II and Evil Genius and Sins of a Solar Empire.

I don't care a hill of beans about most video games. But the RTS's from the late nineties? Yeah, they're my go-to games.

(though technically EG and Sins are from the early 2000's)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's time to put the kids to bed and then party it up with Mario Cart and root beer.

That's just how I roll, yo.

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Is it an RTS?

If so, then that's exactly why I would have never heard of them. :D

Dune II is the first proper (though not THE first) RTS, with all of the pieces in place to keep the genre ticking over until roundabout 2005 or 2006 when the graphics took a leap.

Or just watch Let's Plays. I know I wouldn't experience the brilliant plots of survival horror games like Parasite Eve, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil* without them.

Okay - you got me there. They have their place...

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Egads, my internets suck tonight!

So. Much. Win.
I was personally won over by "Why are we here?"
"oh Lord, you're asking GOOGLE??!?"
that, and the Cuba "passion play in fifteen seconds' thing. :D

Which is why I haven't seen this yet, but really really want to! I've seen a couple of other videos by him and they're brilliant. :)

Would anyone like some fireworks?

I... actually think I have some of those chemicals on hand. I wonder how hard it is to make fireworks base... *steeples fingers together and laughs like Mr Burns*

(I'm kidding! In the UK you're only allowed to make fireworks if you have an explosives permit. I know this from The Victorian Pharmacy, a TV show from last year. Yay for TV, or something...)

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Himself's homemade Irish(ish) stout with cinnamon and nutmeg.

It's delicious.

Yours sounds nice.

NOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!! Wish you could ship some.

So the fastest way to empty the cantina is to ask for a bribe then?

:D

No Triple Entendre. Trust me.

ION: I'm mentioned in the new AtCT! I'm mentioned in the new AtCT! I'm mentioned in the new AtCT! I'm mentioned in the new AtCT! *dances around like an idiot*

Sitting on the couch with the wifey waiting to ring in the new year. I'm so boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.