amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I do have to admit that I like the taste of Thumper as well as Bambi.

Though I raised pet rabbits (angora) as a kid, not meat ones.

I am far less annoyed by the rabbits in my neighborhood than the deer. The cats, foxes, and hawks keep the rabbit population down.

Ain't nothing keeping the deer population down. Bambi comes by the dozen in my neighborhood. And it's suburbia, so no hunting.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
When the film came out, one butcher's shop advertised itself with "You've read the book, you've seen the film - now eat the cast!"

Not many films you can say that about. Babe, I suppose.

Bambi?

I'll probably get lynched for that now won't I?

May as well carry on then,

Jaws
Chicken Run
Ghostbusters - Mr Staypuft
A Fish called Wanda
Cats and Dogs
Shark's Tale
Shrek - well, some of them
March of the penguins - penguins are totally edible in this country
My little pony
Mutant Ninja turtles - although possibly not a good idea
Lassie?
Arachnophobia? - Maybe not then
Chocolat - or is that not about chocolates?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Roasted Ogre? Hmmm. Might have good marbling. Or just chunks of fat six inches wide.

My nan used to tell us we were eating Hazel for dinner. Strangely, we weren't particularly upset about it. Mind you, her rabbit stew was legendary.

Hello everyone. I have a tummyache.

Can I come over for Hazel? Sorry bout the tummy.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Before I go - have you guys seen the thing about the massive snake that was on the outside of the qantas jet?

Aww, that poor thing. :( *has a big sad, now*

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
:dire:

More dire if that butcher shop decides this is a good idea when/if the next Black Beauty comes out.

They're making another Black Beauty? I hadn't heard about that one. But haven't they only just made one? (the Sean Bean/David Thewlis one with Alan Cumming as the voice of the horse). *checks* Oh, that was nineteen years ago. Some Cantina-ites were still in nappies then.

Bambi?

I'll probably get lynched for that now won't I?

May as well carry on then,

Jaws
Chicken Run
Ghostbusters - Mr Staypuft
A Fish called Wanda
Cats and Dogs
Shark's Tale
Shrek - well, some of them
March of the penguins - penguins are totally edible in this country
My little pony
Mutant Ninja turtles - although possibly not a good idea
Lassie?
Arachnophobia? - Maybe not then
Chocolat - or is that not about chocolates?

What have I started? Okay let's add Them! to the list, if a recent TV documentary on Claridge's is anything to go by.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Saw the Hobbit and enjoyed it. I really liked the cameos from some of the LOTR characters. But I could not for the life of me keep track of all the dwarves.

Watership Down is one of the few books I actually gave up without hope.
And I've never even heard of it until now, which is nothing out of the ordinary.

Roasted Ogre? Hmmm. Might have good marbling. Or just chunks of fat six inches wide.
Ewww....

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Who was is that was interested in knowing when another Supernatural t-shirt came up for sale on Qwertee? Argh... Sorry, can't remember. :( Anyway, in 10 minutes there's a new one going up. It's not the Singer Salvage one I got a few months back, but it might still be awesome. :)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Is the rabbit language kept intact in translation, or did you read the English version? It's... difficult. But rewarding. :)

It's kept intact. The only time I'm aware of where conlang has been changed during a translation is with Lord of the Rings, per Tolkien's instructions.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs for tummy woes*

Also, I want coffee, so I to town it is.

Before I go - have you guys seen the thing about the massive snake that was on the outside of the qantas jet?

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/tra...tas-pythons-flying-circus-20130110-2ciu0.html

Bizarre.

That sucks. They'd turn back for a koala.

There's plenty to go round. And thanks :)

Actually, now I think about it, I haven't been able to get rabbit in my part of London since I moved here. It's not easy to find nowadays.

I need to find a live meat rabbit person and slaughter it myself. Rabbit meat in shops is rare and very expensive.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I read Watership Down when I was a teenager. My pleasure in the story was spoiled by my dad's constant whinging of, "What a stupid book, it's not worth your time, can't you find anything better to read?"

Got the mulligrubs tonight. don't know why.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Cantina! Today was awesome for me :) Hope it was equally awesome for all of you. For the first time since 2012, I have been dizziness-free, weakness-free, tiredness-free and joint-pain-free the entire day. WEWT.

I celebrated by adding more work onto my workout, then walked into a diner and gobbled up 4 sausages, 2 slices of toast, a scrambled egg, and a large order of onion rings. Definitely the old Raventongue again xD

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Hi Cantina! Today was awesome for me :) Hope it was equally awesome for all of you. For the first time since 2012, I have been dizziness-free, weakness-free, tiredness-free and joint-pain-free the entire day. WEWT.

Hell yes! :hooray:

ION: My work travel schedule is slowly eating my brain. I get to fly back home tomorrow (I'm in NYC today) super duper early, but I'm ready for it. Too much work + not enough sleep = exhausted Chelsea.

Upside: I did make my word count last night at the hotel. I plan to do it again tonight. *fingers crossed*

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing like loosing your vaginity via ultrasound.

I am suddenly very grateful that Drs here keep track of a person's sexuality for medical reasons.

Don't put metal in a microwave. No. No. Never!!! Aargh!!!

Actually, it's okay to put teabags with staples on them in the microwave so long as the staple is in the water. The bigger danger there is overfilling your mug so it overflows.

Also, do not put hot chocolate with marshmallows in it in the microwave. In fact, never put marshmallows in the microwave at all. Not dangerous... Just a major, major PITA to clean.

I'm eating breakfast at the Ford Dojo tomorrow.

Waitaminute... Forget breakfast, I'm going in for lessons. :D

In other news... I had another bout of early waking insomnia. And a really bad stress dream. Except I don't know why I'm stressed! I don't *feel* stressed. I may have to get off my duff and exercise.

:Hug2:

There are not many health-related annoyances that a bit of exercise can't fix. :)

penguins are totally edible in this country

Are they at all tasty?

Aww, that poor thing. :(

My sentiments exactly... holy crap. That is just... man. And if the snake hadn't moved it would've been fine, too... jeez.

I could not for the life of me keep track of all the dwarves.

*frown* We go by little people nowadays, miss! :tongue

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
It is sad. I'm not sure how they managed to miss it on the plane.

Yeah. I sort if wish there had been a way to park it mid air. Obviously not logical, but still.

I think it wouldn't bother me much if it had just flown off immediately. That it struggled the whole time is really sad. :(

ION: My work travel schedule is slowly eating my brain. I get to fly back home tomorrow (I'm in NYC today) super duper early, but I'm ready for it. Too much work + not enough sleep = exhausted Chelsea.

Upside: I did make my word count last night at the hotel. I plan to do it again tonight. *fingers crossed*

Yay for going home and hitting word count goals! :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I'll have it be known that I have attempted a time travel story before, and as soon as I got to the point where the past was being changed I had to stop. If the past was altered then the future seen at the beginning would have to reflect the changes made later (um... earlier), and then I got myself into a big ball of confusion.

*is currently writing time travel*

See, I love time travel but have gotten extremely bored of the whole "Do we kill baby Hitler?" thing and instead have very small numbers of sooper seekrit government agents coming in from the future with little or no fear of effing up the timeline. They're on a rescue mission- an accident hundreds of years from now scattered about 30 people throughout the 21st century, which just happens to be a deadly addictive hallucinogen in and of itself. If Agent X and Agent Y, the two MC's, don't get to everybody fast enough, then people will starting getting to the point at which withdrawal would kill them and therefore can't be returned to their own time.

Errr... It's probably exactly as stupid as it sounds, but I figured it was relevant to the conversation :D

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You can twist the Hitler-killing a bit. I once wrote a short story about a man who killed Hitler's killer before he managed to be chancellor since in his timeline WWII was between the British Vs. The Soviets and Nazism is regarded by hopeless romantics to what it could have saved Germany from Stalin.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to get sucked into the same idiotic arguments over and over again, despite how every time it happens it becomes more and more obvious that the other side almost always doesn't know what they're talking about (or pretends that they don't).

Oh well, I have macaroons. =^_^= Need to make some homemade ones sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.