Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Crazy weekend! Sold two stories.

A funny little literary tale I've been subbing a while made the W@terhouse Review. :)

And I am the first A at White C@t's D@rk Intent zine with the most depressing, horrible story I ever wrote. :) :)

Extra pleased as the former A is my first on my Submittable account, thus ending my long, long run of 'Declined's. My DT A rate is also into the "above average for markets for markets subbed to." Wooo!

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com

A funny little literary tale I've been subbing a while made the W@terhouse Review. :)

And I am the first A at White C@t's D@rk Intent zine with the most depressing, horrible story I ever wrote. :) :)

Extra pleased as the former A is my first on my Submittable account, thus ending my long, long run of 'Declined's. My DT A rate is also into the "above average for markets for markets subbed to." Wooo!

Congrats on the double sales!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Simon! Acceptances always feel good, but especially when it's those harder to place pieces!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Project Deadlight! Double-sale - what a good feeling!

Now I'm really curious about that dark, depressing story.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats twice Deadlight! how awesome!

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! It's been a decent end to a really quiet spell. I still have stories hanging on in the last round at places too that are driving me crazy.

Fihr - It really is a mean story. :) I was close to retiring it. I'd gone for a sort of this-is-how-easy-a-life-goes-wrong tale but it was born bent out of shape and homicidal.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That;s awesome! Congratulations on both sales, but especially on being the first accepted story at a new market. That's cool!

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Writing related, not publication, but I has a proud: My job involves creating a CW program for a medical center . I submitted an abstract about the work I'm doing to a nice conference, and it got accepted. Now I just have to write the paper to go with it (ergh).

Last edited:

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two reviews came out in the last 24 hours for "In Situ" anthology from Dagan Books. Both had very nice things to say about my story in it. The SF Signal called it their favorite story in the book outright, and the other review was equally complimentary. I linked to both here:

http://alexshvartsman.com/2012/11/20/great-press-for-in-situ/

They also liked the anthology overall, which is great. Reading them this morning was a huge feast for my ego :)

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations everyone. Just had a short story accepted for a Storm Moon Press anthology. Still grinning from ear from to ear.

johemedel

...should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations everyone. Just had a short story accepted for a Storm Moon Press anthology. Still grinning from ear from to ear.

Congratulations to you too! Also to Alex (reading reviews like that would have pumped me up for at least a week or three) and Vic!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, S.R. and Anna!

I *might* have more nice braggage soon (but probably after Thanksgiving at this point). We shall see. Either way, it's been a good week. ;)

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Two reviews came out in the last 24 hours for "In Situ" anthology from Dagan Books. Both had very nice things to say about my story in it.

Great reviews, Alex.
And congratulations to everyone else - lots of good news going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.