thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Erotica Anthology Call For Submissions

This is a call for four separate collections. You are not limited to one collection, nor are you limited to one submission per collection.

Payment/Royalties – All royalties benefit Absolute Write, less any expenses (i.e., cover art). Statements will be provided quarterly detailing sales, expenses, and donations to Absolute Write.

Publication
– Collection will be self-published by Lori Witt (aka TheThinker42) like the Underground Erotica collection.

Who May Submit – Absolute Write members in good standing over the age of 21. You do not need to be previously published.

What to Submit – Erotic stories up to 15,000 words. Exceptional stories above 15,000 words may be considered. Happy For Now/Happily Ever After endings not required. Submit the full manuscript. A query isn’t necessary, just make sure the e-mail and document contain all your necessary contact information.

What NOT to Submit – Non-erotic stories. Stories with scat/urine play, bestiality, rape for titillation, underage characters involved in erotic content, necrophilia, or incest. No fan fiction.

How To Format Thy Manuscript – 12 point, Times New Roman or Courier New font, preferably in .doc or .rtf format. We’re not super strict about formatting, but basically, make it legible and make it a file type that anyone can open. Manuscript must include your name, pen name, and e-mail address. These details will be removed for the acquiring editors in order to ensure impartiality, but will be kept on file for acceptance/rejection, the editorial process, etc. See below for additional submission instructions.

Pairings/Groupings – Any and all pairings and groupings are welcome. Gay, hetero, lesbian, ménage, trans*…anyone. Depending on the number of submissions, we are hoping to split each anthology into two separate collections, one for hetero and one for queer fic, since the two audiences don’t have a lot of crossover. Depending upon submissions, collections may be split or combined at the discretion of the editors.

Genres/Subgenres – Contemporary, speculative, historical, fantasy, ‘punk…sky’s the limit.

THEME – Each theme is a color. It can refer to an object (a car, an article of clothing, a flower, a sex toy), a person (hair color, nickname), a place, atmosphere, or anything you can imagine. The idea is to take this very simple theme and see what different authors can come up with.

RED Submissions due February 28, 2014, projected release June 30, 2014 EXTENDED deadline: April 30, 2014. Release date TBA.
BLUE – Submissions due April 30, 2014, projected release August 31, 2014
BLACK – Submissions due June 30, 2014, projected release October 31, 2014
GREEN – Submissions due August 31, 2014, projected release December 31, 2014

EDIT (July 9, 2014): ALL Colors are open, all deadlines extended to September 30, 2014. Release date is TBA -- we're light on submissions at the moment, and want to encourage as many people as possible to contribute.

Release dates are subject to change. Collections may be split, combined, or canceled at any time. In the event of a cancelation, rights will immediately revert back to authors. In the event of a split or combination, authors have the option of withdrawing their stories.

Depending on interest, boxed sets may be produced.

SENDING IN YOUR SUBMISSION:

E-mail address for submissions: jackl.pyke (at) gmail.com

IMPORTANT
Please put "AW Submission - [Color]" in the subject line.
File names should be: Color_Title

For example, if I write a story called Emerald Isle for the Green collection, e-mail subject would be "AW Submission - Green" and the file name would be "Green_EmeraldIsle.doc."

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Luckily my hands are coated with a combination of honey and pine sap, so stickying was second nature.

Maryn, helpful and sticky both

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is there a minimum length and will flash fiction be considered?

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
I might throw something at this later in the year... if my current hectic schedule allows me time to write :) I already have an idea for Green...

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Subs for 1st anthology have started filtering through. :)