• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Mollie has had my stuff for over a month. She can take all the time she wants if that means she likes it and is going to make me an offer.

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Blondchen, sorry about the R. however, my sense is that Mollie is a straight shooter and if you got personal comments she meant them.

gettingby, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a partial or a full with mollie? either way is great. just curious.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
I write nonfiction so she has my full proposal. Do you have something with her too?

hoyateach

Dancing with limbo sticks
Registered
Reaction score
I just found this thread. I should've gone looking sooner.

I submitted an e-query to Jessica Regel about a month ago and got a same-day reply asking for the first three chapters in an rtf file. No word yet but now I can let some folks outside my family know how it goes. :)

marie2

slowly but surely
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolemariemessina.tumblr.com
I just found this thread. I should've gone looking sooner.

I submitted an e-query to Jessica Regel about a month ago and got a same-day reply asking for the first three chapters in an rtf file. No word yet but now I can let some folks outside my family know how it goes. :)

I am on the same gravy train :p Hoping for the best for you!

hoyateach

Dancing with limbo sticks
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I should've kept my trap shut - got a rejection from her today. Oh, well.

Next!

FionnJameson

Fionn: 0/Year: 24
Registered
Reaction score
Just subbed to Jessica Regel. At this point, I think I'm just taking a wild stab at the dark at anyone who looks like they're accepting subs for UFs.

:( I know, I suck. Some people have been telling me to stop and just sub one agent at a time to reduce the risk of having two agents offer at the same time. Eek.

Prevostprincess

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.queenoftheroadthebook.com
I met Mollie Glick

Hi all,

Just wanted to report that while I was in NY last week, I met Mollie Glick (who is my agent) face-to-face for the first time. If you want to see what she looks like (as well as Jessica Regal and Jennifer Weltz) head over to my blog post.

Gettingby - Mollie got married a couple of weeks ago and only got back in the office last week, so I imagine she's swamped. (She's usually extremely prompt.)

Fionn - I don't know who told you that, but I think it's terrible advice. Query in batches - several of us have posted in various places on AW about how we did that. If I had waited until I heard from one agent to query another, I would have landed Mollie in the year 3012. Besides, what "risk" is there of having two agents offer at the same time? Sounds like an enviable position to be in. I would, though, if asked, let the agents know they're not getting an exclusive.

FionnJameson

Fionn: 0/Year: 24
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, prevostprincess. I thought the advice was pretty wierd, but eh, I just sort of ignored them and started sending out about 6 queries. Let's see if I get a partial request on one, at least, LOL.

awd24

Registered
Reaction score
Jean V Naggar Agency

Is this a good agency? How do you pronounce "Naggar"? Thanks!

Lucca

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Mollie lately?

I just got an "out of office until 8/4" automated message from her email, if that helps.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Lucca. I have never nudged an agent, but I was thinking about checking in with her. Maybe I will wait until the end of the week.

Lucca

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Lucca. I have never nudged an agent, but I was thinking about checking in with her. Maybe I will wait until the end of the week.

I rather prematurely nudged her, only because I had another agent waiting for the MS. Now, after doing more reading on this site, I realize that I was waaaaay to antsy (I emailed her THE DAY that our 2 week exclusivity ended....), but she was completely polite and responded saying that she has a bunch of stuff she's trying to get through, and she didn't forget about me. About five hours later she sent me another email saying she read my partial, and would like to see the full.

From what I've read on here from "Ask the Agent/Guest Agent," it seems that most agents don't mind a reminder email 6-8 weeks after the full MS was sent. Other people wait around for 3-5 months to hear back....

My opinion is that as long as you are polite, a nudge would be okay. I made sure to stress that I wasn't trying to rush her in any way, that she was free to take as much time as necessary, but that I just wanted a status update on her review.

By reading through this post, I see that you wrote that she'd had your proposal for a month...and that was the end of May? I would at least send a quick email making sure she received the proposal. That's a long time to wait.....

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
According to Agentquery.com:

Mollie Glick has left Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency and joined Foundry Literary + Media.

This may explain her slow response time.

Lucca

Registered
Reaction score
This may explain her slow response time.
Yes, I've been in contact with Mollie and she said that the agency change was taking up a lot of her time.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
She has had my requested stuff for awhile. Did she most likely take it with her or pass it off to someone else? Or maybe I have just been forgotten. Thanks for the info, Vandal.

Prevostprincess

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.queenoftheroadthebook.com
Mollie's first day was 9/8, in fact.

Moderator - should posts for all things Mollie be put in new thread for Foundry?

Gettingby - If I read correctly and she's had your ms since end of May, so I'd agree with Lucca re a nudge. My understanding is that she is taking things like queries and ms she was in the midst of reading prior to the move, with her. For those of us who have her as an agent, if my experience was any guide, she asked if I'd like to go with her to the new agency. Since QUEEN OF THE ROAD was signed with JVN (with Mollie as the agent), it stays there. But, she'll be my agent for any new projects. And, just to illustrate (yet again) why I love her, she told me that even though this means she won't be making any more money from QUEEN OF THE ROAD, since she's the one who did the deal and has a relationship with my editor, she'd be happy to step in for me if there are ever any issues that come up I'd like her to deal with.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
If I email her to ask about my book, is she going to get it? Or do I need to email her at the new place? Thanks for your help.

Kristina81

Registered
Reaction score
New thread for Mollie

Please do direct further discussion about Mollie to the following page:
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72375

If you need to contact Mollie, please do so at Foundry ([email protected]) because forwarded mail from the previous agency is unreliable.

Prevostprincess is correct--Mollie did bring manuscripts and queries to Foundry with her, but anything signed with JVN remains with that agency.

See www.foundrymedia.com for more information about what Mollie's list looks like.

Sary

Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Jessica Regel on 2/12 and received a request on 2/17 for the first three chapters on an exclusive basis.