• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a UF writing buddy/partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnhallow

Hello? Eat my tarts?
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I write (or try to write -- whether or not I actually succeed is another thing entirely) funny, voicy, fast-paced and action-packed UF.

Examples of stuff I like: Dresden Files, Iron Druid Chronicles, Night Huntress, Elemental Assassin, etc. A mix of humour and attention-grabbing stuff.

I'm looking for someone who's into the same thing... preferrably someone who is just starting or not very far into their latest project.

Looking to:

• Bounce ideas off each other (i.e. this is cool, this is stupid, you're crazy and need help!, etc.)
  • Chat about progress ("I didn't write anything today because I'm lazy and I eat doughnuts and I feel like whining so listen to me okay")
  • General opinions of chapters as they're completed, rather than deep critiques (i.e. What do you think of this chapter? instead of any real "editing"), or bits that are hard to get past.
Not a huge involved thing -- as in, emails can be as frequent or infrequent as you want, weeks apart, because we all have lives. It's more of a "I'm here if you need my opinion or a quick reader" thing that won't burn anyone out than some massive daily/weekly commitment.

It's good to know that someone's there when you need help or are just feeling talkative, though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.