• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking People to Look Over YA Fantasy Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexHale

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm in the process of querying agents, and I haven't heard back from any in a few weeks so I'm beginning to worry that my query letter isn't up to par. Would anyone be willing to look over just my query, for my YA Fantasy novel, and tell me if it sounds enticing/marketable? Many thanks :)

-Alex

beck_magruder

Beck
Registered
Reaction score
I would recommend waiting 'til you've gotten 50 posts and posting your query in the Query Letter Hell section of Share Your Work.

At first I got on here and I was all, "I HAVE TO POST 50 THINGS FIRST?? bWAAAAAAH" but now that I'm almost there, I understand why they did it that way. You have to get to know the forum, people have to get to know YOU, and it never hurts to look around, have a hand in critiquing other people's stuff, and then be more prepared when you finally are able to receive criticism on your own stuff.

So, take your time. Maybe someone will respond to this but you'll have much better luck - and better feedback - waiting a bit and posting in QLH.

AlexHale

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of the Query Letter section, but I will definitely do that! Thanks for your help anyway!

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm in the process of querying agents, and I haven't heard back from any in a few weeks so I'm beginning to worry that my query letter isn't up to par. Would anyone be willing to look over just my query, for my YA Fantasy novel, and tell me if it sounds enticing/marketable? Many thanks :)

-Alex

What Beck Magruder said. Go to QLH and read the stickies. Then, read some threads. It is very enlightening to see what works and what doesn't. Before you know it, you'll look at your own query in a whole new light.

Also, Query shark is an excellent resource as well.
http://queryshark.blogspot.com/

AlexHale

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!! I did go and look at the stickies and they were very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.