• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Critique partners wanted : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsie00xx

Chelsie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chelsieshock.wordpress.com
Hi everyone :)!
I am looking for two critique partners/buddies (beta reader welcomed too : ) for my novel and for swaps! It is a dystopian science fiction novel with a little romance. I am hoping to find two critique partners that can be long term, trusting relationships that we can communicate opinions with each other for our writing and help each other with honest critiques.
I would prefer to send the novel through an e-book format so you would be able to read it on any device with the kindle app and it would read like an e-book (which is what it will be published as once it's gone through every revision). : )

Looking for in critiques: Honest feedback about how believable the characters are, how likeable the story is, and a sense of if the novel is "un-put-downable" :) Also making sure that the world has been described accurately and a sense of being able to see description through the reading.
Looking for in critique partners: Preferably enjoys scifi/fantasy reading. Ideally wants a long term critiquing partner for feedback (and encouragement too :). Doesn't have to write scifi though. I don't mind critiquing other types of work but scifi or dystopian would probably be a better swap. Hoping the partners will be able to exchange critiques and give feedback in a relatively timely manner as will I.

The novel is on it's second revision and is going to be sent to the editor in early June, it is about 50k words.
BLURB:
Many years in the future the New World has suffered bombings, world wars, the tectonic plates have shifted, the population has seen sicknesses, radiation spills, genetically modified animals and humans, and the population has dwindled into two classes: The elites, and everyone else. Will is one of the survivors who has lived the quiet life of a sailor and fisherman, living on what was once the Washington state coastline. When he meets a feisty old man who used to work as a scientist for the elites, they become friends and they sail to the places he never imagined he’d see… the islands where the elite’s live. He meets a beautiful woman who is part of the high society by marriage, and he just can’t seem to get her out of his head. He is thrust into plans for an uprising, a revolution, murder, war, oppression, survival and entangled in a forbidden love he can’t fully comprehend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.