• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Fantasy/Sci-fi Critique Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
Looking for 3 chap crit of ya epic fantasy

Updated 1/6/2015 - I can't change the thread title.

Hi,

I'm back in the swing of things and that means I'm looking for critiques. Currently I'm looking for someone to look over 3 chapters of my YA epic fantasy. I am willing to do the same for someone else. However if someone is looking for my previous offer, it still stands.

Disclaimer: I am a terrible beta when someone throws an entire manuscript at me at once. However, I am diligent and successful when I'm given smaller chunks at a time. 40-50 pages a week is something I can handle. (Sometimes more, but I'd let you know).

Hello all,

I am looking for a critique partner who is interested in Fantasy and science fiction. I'm looking for someone who would be a more long term partner, rather than for a specific work. Never fear though, I am working on a specific project at the moment that would be the jump off point.

What I write
I write mainly fantasy. This spans from epic fantasy, alternate world, and contemporary fantasy. However, I do have one science fiction story I'm also working on.

What I read
Similar to what I write, I read both fantasy and science fiction. I don't read much magical realism. I am a big fan of supernatural stories and dabble in horror.

What I'm looking for
I work on my writing every day of the week so I progress quickly. I'm looking for someone who doesn't necessarily need to keep up, but has the time to talk briefly maybe once a week. I want someone who I can bounce ideas off every so often. I want someone to tell me when I suck, but will tell me when I do something right.

What I'm useful for
Don't expect me to be a grammar guru. If something is blatant, I'll call you out on it, but don't expect much grammar help. I am however good with character behavior and story flaws. I'll point out if something doesn't feel right and I'm not afraid to tell you when you've stumbled onto something that is really good.

My story at hand
A Father's Daughter is an epic fantasy set in a world at the brink of war led by King Heyes. His niece Khea is determined to restore her fractured family and retake her rightful place on the throne, before war ravages her country.

Contact
If you are interested or simply would like to talk a bit more, send me a private message.

Last edited:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I'm willing, if you're still looking. Got one work finishing version 2, and two in the pipeline.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I am bumping this thread up. I updated the initial post. Pretty much, I'm looking for someone to beta the first 3 chapters of my YA epic fantasy. I'm willing to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.