• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

[Project closed, thank you!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirokirie

*Leers at you awkwardly*
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!
/Shiro

Last edited:

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya! Wow. Your book sounds interesting, but I'm just new here and looking around. Plus, I'm not knowledgeable in the Sci-fi genre. Nor do I read much of it, really. Fantasy; yes. But not Sci-fi. I wish you lots of luck though, and hope you find the perfect beta for your work! :)

StephNS

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Shirokirie,

Your story sound interesting and I'd be happy to take a look at it, if you're willing to take a risk on someone new to these boards! If you're interested please send me a PM and tell me a bit more about your story (especially what you mean by 'mature content,' I'm not interested in gratuitous sex or violence) and feel free to ask anything you'd like to know about me ahead of time, too.

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I like some parts of your pitch. If you're still looking for someone, just send me a pm.

Shirokirie

*Leers at you awkwardly*
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, before I run off to sending PMs, I just want to clarify on the 'Mature Content' and 'Science-Fiction' labels.

An Elegy of Fate does not contain graphic, visceral, erotic content or swearing with actual swear words. It's also not gory. I mean there are instances of violence, in relation to the plot, but there's no inexplicably graphic descriptions of someone having their intestines being pulled out of their navel. Ichk!

It does contain nudity, and is quite blunt when it comes to talking about genitals, especially when taking into consideration how the male Kyusoas (a Kyusoa being one of the primary alien species of Dyjian) use their alien dicks for functions outside of sex. For this reason, though, they're often called Tethers instead of cocks - that's explained in the story.

The story does have a sex scene, although brief, and like I said, it's not like:
"He mashed his dick into her meat-hole, and she glazed him like a creme-filled long john!"

Bleugh!

As for the Science-fiction level... It's not high-tech or extreme nerdology. Basically, if you like Star Wars, this is right up your alley. Just the simple fact that the story takes place in an alternate universe, on an alien planet and with 'alien' beings, and with some technologies that we don't presently have, it's something to be aware of.

But absolutely if you're into fantasy - I want you. I want you now. I want you bad. You make me feel so -

Anyway.

Just to clarify. :)

Last edited:

StephNS

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Shirokirie. It sounds like something I'd enjoy reading, so I'd be in as a beta-reader!

Status
Not open for further replies.