Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs to you, Vince... maybe it's old age. That happens to people a lot. :Hug2:

BDavidHughes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bdavidhughes.com
I can sympathize, Vince...last week, I stopped by my parents house (as I do most days) and my dad didn't recognize me. My mother had to remind him of who I was. Not an easy thing to go through.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK. BDH has one of the best avvies I've seen in a LONG time. The boy deserves great reppies for that. :D

And I know that feeling, BD. For more than years, I've gone out of my way to get certain things my dad's lost over the years (books, movies, music, etc.) that the two of us used to enjoy when I was a kid. Each time I gave something to him, he stared at it and said something like "This looks interesting." or "Why did you get me this?" I've been trying to tell my mom and sisters that he needed to get looked at by a doctor 'cause that's just not right.

He got diagnosed with a pretty bad case of dementia this year. I can't help but wonder if that could've been helped if they'd listened all those years ago, y'know?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, Housemate has talked me into creating a new Paar (the hero from my AW anthology story) story. She's thinking about doing a "magical dogs" anthology next summer (paying market, if all things go well--and, yes, open submission policy), so I've got an idea barking in my head. Thankfully, I've got time to write it. It's also good 'cause I'll be writing Paar's series after finishing with this book and revising another (which shouldn't take TOO long--ghods willing and the crick don't rise).

And we've had some interest on the anthology, and at least one sale, so we're content. This is the off-season for buying, so this much activity is better than we'd hoped for. Hopefully she'll get the kinks worked out of the Kindle version so we can get up on Amazon soon and have the POD version available.

Today, she's painting the cover for the next anthology and I'm just chilling. Feels good.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
After about 10 hours total, I finally finished painting the near life size portrait of my MC in my book series.

Yay.

-Now I have to paint the alien appearance. Head desk.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity--what are you going to do with these when you're done with them? Life-sized portraits are a bit large to hang in most rooms, after all.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity--what are you going to do with these when you're done with them? Life-sized portraits are a bit large to hang in most rooms, after all.

When I say 'life-size' they are just from the shoulders up, so 2x3ft. So it's a head-shot :)

And well, I've got them photographed and smaller in the computer, for whatever I need em for.

But I figure if I need promotional posters at book signings (there's a huge book fest here instate in the Spring time) Then what better thing to have then poster copies of the characters, maps, planets, and other things from the books :D

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! Yes, that makes sense.

We haven't thought anything about promotional material. I'm still not sure how you sign an ebook after all. We tried the con route last time, but it got expensive quickly and it wasn't profitable. All we're doing at the moment is running a FB page for my dog (the company mascot). He's got more friends than most people I know. LOL!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

We haven't thought anything about promotional material. I'm still not sure how you sign an ebook after all..

There's special software to sign ebooks. I think it's free, but I know my publisher/authors uses it. :)

And as for the dog FB page - he's so cute, of course he's gonna have the more friends!!!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know. He is. LOL! And Housemate writes fun doggy POV stuff for it too.

(If anyone wants to friend my dog, he's Foo Bat on FB. ;) )

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
well I'm certainly not the one to ask. Lol. My attempt at a blog last year failed.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I started one at wordpress, just to see how it ran. Link in my siggie.

I do like the title I came up with, though. :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I started one at wordpress, just to see how it ran. Link in my siggie.

I do like the title I came up with, though. :D

I'm tweeting the link, just because I want to be able to say the words "fab facebook author and 'foo bat' owner " in a sentence :D

Status
Not open for further replies.