The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
There actually WAS another convention when I went to RT. A FUNERAL DIRECTORS conference. The leather bikini really shocked the bar. Lizzie Leaf and I just pointed and laughed. It was awesome.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get Charlotte. Her voice does nothing for me. Meh. Ashley was a real suprise. I liked her a lot more than I thought I would.

I would love to go to a funeral director conference. That's like, free story research there.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Christina and Blake didn't hear the flat notes??? I have a tin ear and *I* heard them!

Oh dear, I'll have to remember to bring my camera.

Checking work e-mails right now after procrastinating all evening.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Whoa...chills. When I hear something exceptional, my scalp tingles. Is that weird?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Curse you iTunes! I want instant gratification. Best of Christina's team: Jesse. Best of Blake's team: Erin.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got it on my iPod. :D My rule is that if I don't love a performance enough to put it on my iPod, I don't vote.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
You know what? in the REAL world of New York theater, it's not the Karens who walk in with their Midwestern-reared fresh faces and dreamy eyes who get the roles.

It's the Ivys--the seasoned theatrical professionals with big resumes--who land the major roles. But I can deal with THAT small glitch in the plot of Smash.

What I CANNOT deal with is the smarmy little PA producer wanna be. No one who acted like that would EVER EVER be allowed near a Broadway producer, much less the production. His nelly little ass would have been bounced minutes after he got busted releasing performances of songs BEFORE the first workshop and no one would ever have hired him again. NYC theater--Broadway--is one of those nets where everyone knows everything about everyone else.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just killing time, waiting for kiddo to finish with a track meet. I get to pick him up at the school.

I feel like I should watch Smash, but somehow it annoys me. :( Halp! I'm turning into a curmugeon. Iz too young to be curmugeon.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*waiting for RT chatter from Benny. Damn, I wish I could have gone*

Oh Benny--I may need you to be the gathering point for Musa authors at RT.
I'll be getting there Tuesday afternoon but I'll probably be meeting up with a friend of mine. I'm planning on sticking around the hotel, anyway, considering the history this friend and I have with exploring Chicago (MORAL OF THE STORY: unless you go to a bar, you'll never find an open restroom at 2:30 in the morning in downtown Chicago THE END).

And while I understand Smash is set in the Broadway of Fantasyland ("Hey, kids! Let's put on a show! Mom said we could use the barn as a theater and Dad said he's got some old dresses we can use as costumes!"), I got a case of whiplash on how the Marilyn Monroe show's book and lyrics were finished and the show went to workshop in the time it took for Anjelica Huston to throw a drink in her husband's face and get a refill. I quit after about three episodes. A lot of the fakey stage show stuff I could handle; it was the personal issues that got stuck in my craw. I pretty much wanted everybody to die in a fire, even the characters the writers were expecting me to root for.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Texting with SM at the moment. She's safe in a boiler room while the tornadoes are tearing up the Dallas area. So she's safe.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering about her (just found out about the tornadoes).

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
She just sent me a picture from out her window. I'll pop it up here in a minute. Where she's at is just about in the clear, but she's been in the tornado shelter for a long time. Her kids are safe too; her dad was evacuated from his hospital room though.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeesh, what a day. But I made brownies and now I'm watching The Voice eliminations. Any other fangsters in the house?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually liked Ashely better. I'm just glad it wasn't Moses. That was dreadful. Dread. Ful.

Mostly, America got things right. And Jordis was the right pick for Blake's team.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. The girl not only has a beautiful voice, but she's smart and unlikely to get derailed by all the horrors that stardom can bring.

And yes about Moses. I was convinced that Christina had lost her ever-loving MIND when she said that song PROVED he could sing. To me, it proved that he couldn't.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know. I think she just couldn't admit she was WRONG. I'm satisfied with the picks for both teams. The only one I'm sorry to see go is Sara.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Me too. But I REALLY hope that whacked out fashion model turned Edie Brickell wanna-be headband-wearing arrogant little div-- whatever her name is--gets kicked right back to whatever ridiculous hole she climbed out of.

Not that I dislike her or anything...