Not open for further replies.

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
Morning all!

Seems like good news all around this morning. Yay!!!

Vfury- do it! The worst that can happen is she doesn't respond, which she definitely won't if you never send anything so you're already at worst case scenario.

Has anybody ever felt that the spent a whole book trying to justify an idea or a theme only to realize at the end maybe they should have just thrown away that idea.

Head. Hitting. Desk.

IN BOLD!

Doo eeeeet!

morning purgies.

I'm at the recliner satellite office because quarter pint is sick.
(wanders aimlessly around in pjs.)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk.

Not much going on here. Kicking around titles for JJD 4 (think I have titles for 5 & 6, but 4 seems to be stumping me). Still working on NoFA edits. Want to get the editing portion done this week, so I can buzz right into the writing portion over the weekend/next week.

Still no word on official offers or anything spiffy. Still no royalty statement that I should have had in October. Getting a bit miffed.

Trying very hard to take everyone's words from yesterday to heart. Trying to concentrate on what I have done, instead of what I haven't.

Vfury - You can do it!

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Lily - The Editor still has Peacemaker & NoFA on her desk. If I had to hazard a guess, when she chooses one, it's going to be NoFA. I got the feeling that she wasn't as enthusiastic about PM as she was NoFA. Not sure what I'll do with PM after that. Probably talk to Rockstar about whether or not we should shop it, or just SP it.

I've come to the decision in the last few days that if I want writing to BE my job, I'm going to have to make it my job. I think that's gonna mean SPing stuff, rather than waiting for the miracle of publishing acceptance. Gotta get money coming in somehow, right?

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
morning purgies! heading back down into the revision cave. blah i am moving so slow through this ms.

i agree, vfury - do it!

cheeky - aw, hope she feels better!

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Based on the last few pages of posts, I think we should make "grab life by the balls" the official Purgy motto. GLBtB :)

Vfury we're all cheering for you!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
mornin' puglets!

looks like bff booked us tix to Wicked
in london--she splurged on great seats.
i'm so excited! =D

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Press. The button.

If she doesn't think you're adorable, she's insane, and we would have had to mercy-kill her anyway.

Go, go Fury! Anyone who doesn't think you are darling is an idiot. Just sayin.

This and this.

Side effect NOT worth potential benefit.

Why do they call them "side" effects? If you're in debilitating pain that's an EFFECT!

Morning purgies.

Had some good news yesterday. Agent and I talked about it. However, not exactly right for book. So, yay, but not quite squee. And yes, I'm being a bit cryptic. :)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
X-Cin - Wicked rocks!!! I saw it London and also in Vegas. Loved both productions. Have an awesome time! (I know you will.) If you haven't listened to the music, I strongly suggest you do so beforehand.

I actually didn't for the first time ever when I saw it in London. For me that lost the ability to remember things. Usually I know almost every word going in, so when I see the scenes, I can take those memories home with me. I didn't know much other than "Defying Gravity" and so missed some stuff. For Vegas I knew every word and now I have the scenes matched up with their corresponding songs in my head.

Of course, that could just be me, but I find it more fun when I know the music. :)

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Purgies...:D

Yesterday I got to stay home from work... (yeah, it's not as fun as it sounds...)

7 yr old was sickly and then less than 10 min after I dropped daughter at school they call saying she is sick... So, I cleaned my house like a mad woman around 2 puky kids... (I'm talking steam cleaned the carpets etc. I REFUSE TO GET SICK!!!!)
:flag:

They are both back at school today and I have a nice clean house lol:snoopy:

Waiting on Pub to send me the 'final' cover for WARRIORS so I can post it on my blog.

I'm having a contest if anyone wants to enter... you have to have read IMMORTAL BEGINNINGS to enter, though...cuz there are questions about the book you have to answer ...

I'll post a linky later (once I put the post up)

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Morning Purgies...:D

Yesterday I got to stay home from work... (yeah, it's not as fun as it sounds...)

7 yr old was sickly and then less than 10 min after I dropped daughter at school they call saying she is sick... So, I cleaned my house like a mad woman around 2 puky kids... (I'm talking steam cleaned the carpets etc. I REFUSE TO GET SICK!!!!)
:flag:

They are both back at school today and I have a nice clean house lol:snoopy:

Waiting on Pub to send me the 'final' cover for WARRIORS so I can post it on my blog.

I'm having a contest if anyone wants to enter... you have to have read IMMORTAL BEGINNINGS to enter, though...cuz there are questions about the book you have to answer ...

I'll post a linky later (once I put the post up)

BOOO for sicky kids. I've got one half on the mend now. She's better than yesterday and Sunday, but still has a fever which means no school.
It also means she'll be fine one minute and then bursts into tears about weird stuff the next.
I'm working from home (loosely termed) and i'm seeing all kinds of crap I really should clean... and should be working.... but... *dusts a little*

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Cheeky... I had no choice on the steam cleaning carpet... 7 yr old made it a necessity... *sigh*

So, Once I did that I decided to practically bleach every surface in the house and lysol everything else lol...

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Cheeky... I had no choice on the steam cleaning carpet... 7 yr old made it a necessity... *sigh*

So, Once I did that I decided to practically bleach every surface in the house and lysol everything else lol...

doh. yeah that sucks (or blows. aahahah)

The lysol is handy around here this year. QP has caught every. bug. this year. /sigh

On the other hand, I've got my work stuff open, AW open (sshhh) and my Word Doc open.. (whistles innocently)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy-do, Purgatorians.

It's nudging 70--70, in December!--so I'm headed outside to put in the bulbs I didn't put in when I should have, and to move the ninebark I planted in a stupid place in October. Please have the heating pad warmed up for my back when I return.

Maryn, whose new bra does amazing things

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
OmG, Niyrak, you're giving me flashbacks to last week. I was putting Little B down for a nap when he threw up all over me. While cleaning up that mess, my 7-year-old's school called and said she had just thrown up. Little B threw up again while I was on the phone with the school nurse. While I was putting my vomited on clothing in the laundry room, I saw my 5-year-old sitting at the kitchen table with puke streaming out of him. All in the span of a few minutes. I freaked. Lots of handwashing and, if you can, wear gloves or a mask when dealing with the yucks. This is a brutal stomach flu that's going around. I had taken a direct hit from Little B, so it was no wonder I got it. Husband fared much, much better.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, ugh and hugs on sick kiddos. Mine are old enough to usually avoid *knock wood*

And I just had ice cream with chocolate sauce on it because I just sent of my FINISHED YA historical to agent! 81K and it nearly killed me. Now I can take back some 70 something books I checked out from the library for research. My family is really, really ready for me to emerge from 1918.

I am so behind on everything else....

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Yay, Amarie!

{hugs} for sick kiddos.

I just spent my lunch hour at College Boy's Collegium--a multi-student recital in which everyone plays ~6-8 minutes on their major or minor instrument. It was CB's first-ever piano recital. He played 2 short Chopin pieces. He rocked it. So to speak. :D I am a proud mom. (CB plays 8 instruments.)

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Yay CB!

Managed 575 words at lunch, 11 of 20 chapters edited. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.