• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Medical Mystery/Suspense - Beta needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

midazolam

Registered
Reaction score
It's about 80,000 words. Here's the pitch:

When her father dies unexpectedly, newly-minted-M.D. Maggie Lane abandons a promising future in L.A. for the wilds of the Canadian Rockies to take over her father's small-town practice. As she learns more about his final days, she starts to wonder if there might be a connection between her father's death and a mysterious, fatal illness that swept through the town a year earlier. When a child shows up to clinic with ominous symptoms, Maggie uncovers a conspiracy that goes far deeper than she ever imagined - with high stakes, dangerous players, and a medical mystery that will challenge everything Maggie thought she knew about medicine, human beings, and her own abilities as a physician.

Any takers? This is a (clean) first draft, so I'm looking for big things, like plot, characters, pacing, etc. I'd be happy to swap. Please post or PM me if interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.