• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Silver Publishing

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
Clarifiying Some Evident Confusion

We all know the mess that's going on regarding Silver but people are apparently confusing Silver with Liquid Silver Books. They are not the same companies nor is there a connection of any sort between them.

There were a few authors talking on a forum elsewhere who thought the companies were one and the same. This is absolutely untrue. Here is the thread for Liquid Silver Books.

The folks at LSB are great to work with and pay like clockwork.

Eden Connor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
edenconnor.com
Has anyone received Q4 3rd party sales money yet, or seen the Q2 statements, which would have the Q4 figures from 3rd party sites? I did receive Q3 Amazon monies back in May. Based on those figures, he owes me a substantially larger amount for Q4 and I think August is high time to get money I earned off sales made in October, November, and December.

The policy of crediting the money he gets from Amazon on an author's behalf into that author's sales from the quarter HE receives the money, then holding it for disbursal until the following quarter, is very likely where all his issues arose. All that cash floating around for ninety days--or longer, since he long maintained Amazon was running a month or more late paying HIM-- is what gave him the idea he had cash on hand to 'help Silver grow'.

Fanatic_Dreamer

Daydreaming Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know where this ended up?

Yes.

I don't know how true it is, but one of my friends on Facebook is an author of Silver Publishing and they posted the following:

SJnAqkk

(name omitted for privacy reasons)

It's honestly a shame =/

Edit: In case the image didn't show up:

"I wasn't going to say anything but I have bad news. Lodewyk Deysel - publisher of Silver Publishing has fled the country. He went to South Africa on Tuesday. A former employee took him to the airport. She had no idea this was going on. He called her Saturday midnight. He told her he needed to leave town in a hurry. She sold his RV for him yesterday. He has moved out of his house and his stuff is gone. Goodbye royalties. I hope he has paid his staff. She said he left town with $80 in his pocket."

Last edited:

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
Edit: In case the image didn't show up:

"I wasn't going to say anything but I have bad news. Lodewyk Deysel - publisher of Silver Publishing has fled the country. He went to South Africa on Tuesday. A former employee took him to the airport. She had no idea this was going on. He called her Saturday midnight. He told her he needed to leave town in a hurry. She sold his RV for him yesterday. He has moved out of his house and his stuff is gone. Goodbye royalties. I hope he has paid his staff. She said he left town with $80 in his pocket."

Doesn't shock me. Apparently, authors were sent an email a few days ago that Silver had been sold. But it sounded fishy because the address, etc. were all the same when supposedly the new owners were elsewhere. It's deep (the lies). Bottom line is a lot of people have been screwed over, authors and editors. And the shame of it is that a lot of authors might not get their rights back.

Last edited:

adrinyme

Adri Nyme
Registered
Reaction score
If that's all true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then Lodewyk Deysel also opened another publishing company in July 2013. I keep an eye out for M/M presses, and Gia Press popped up last summer. I tried to find out more about it and who was behind it, but all I could find was that it was registered to Empire Entertainment, at the same address listed in Llewellyn's post in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I chalked it up as a place to watch and left it at that.

They don't have any books or authors, so it seems a dead end, but it's probably important to link the two so that people have warning about Gia too.

Link is here: http://www.giapress.com/

DJManly

Registered
Reaction score
Silver Publishing has been closed down by its' authors!

Over the last few days, AJ Llewellyn, myself and a few others have taken down Silver Publishing. Please go to AJ Llewellyns blog for more info. http://www.ajllewellyn.com/site/

Everyone needs to read it and be aware. WE ensured that ALL writers had their rights returned to them before we brought in the authorities. If you're interested in reading all about this, you may visit my facebook page and A.J.s blog. Thanks. D.J. Manly.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
That's an amazing story. It's one of those things people tell you and then say you can't make this stuff up.

Ashlynnmonroe

Registered
Reaction score
The saddest part of the story is this company could have been great of the publisher wasn't a lier and thief.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, seems like their website is now down (or is it just me?). Maybe they didn't make it to the May 1st date stated on their site?